Membership drive puts AA back in the black
The AA has driven back into profit after the breakdown service said it has reversed a decline in falling membership numbers.
The group said pre-tax profits came in at £48 million for the first half of the year, compared with a £69 million loss in the same period last year.
AA said paid personal members grew in every month in the second quarter to 3.3 million, reversing a trend of falling numbers.
Chief executive Bob Mackenzie said: "We are extremely encouraged by the reversal of the decline in paid personal members over the last few months. The marketing strategy is achieving a... read more
- 00:18 Megan McKenna ‘quits Towie’ in shock move amidst Pete Wicks...
- 00:17 NBA LIVE scores: All the latest from Cavaliers, Celtics, Warriors...
- 00:17 Cavaliers vs Bucks LIVE stream: How to watch LeBron James and Greek...
- 00:16 The Champions League 'Battle of Britain' between Rangers and Leeds...
- 00:16 Golf's crazy money: From Tiger Woods' $1.4bn career to Rory...
- 00:13 Thrilling audiovisual Antarctic adventure
- 00:13 Happy birthday to the 1917 revolution, and me
- 00:13 Capital ring master
- 00:13 Everton on the brink of collapse as players lose their cool in loss
- 00:13 England get to flex their muscles in dominant win
- 00:13 Clarke feared losing his job over equality
- 00:13 ‘National strength and international influence’
- 00:13 Four decades of economic denial delusion and lies
- 00:13 The NHS winter crisis is coming
- 00:13 Tory disarray on Europe
- 00:13 Peasants to strike over inaction on land distribution
- 00:13 Baghdad forces and Kurds exchange fire
- 00:13 Mud insists on full audit of elections
- 00:13 Thousands to stage peace for Catalonia demo in London
- 00:13 Oxbridge accused of ‘social apartheid’
- 00:13 EU seeks more cash before talking trade
- 00:13 Ryan Burnett v Zhanat Zhakiyanov: IBF champ jokes he sleeps with...
- 00:09 Joe Joyce marks professional debut by stopping Ian Lewison in eight...
- 00:08 Final bell tolls as era ends at special school
- 00:07 Netflix and BINGE! Streaming site reveals its most speedily-watched...
- 00:07 Stewart Downing EXCLUSIVE: Middlesbrough man lifts the lid on Aitor...
- 00:07 Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino: Fraser Forster will silence...
- 00:07 Google parent's 'Project Loon' balloons switched on over Puerto...
- 00:07 Pep Guardiola urges caution over Man City's scintillating form: We...
- 00:07 Win a pair of VIP tickets to the star-studded Pride of Britain Awards