Membership drive puts AA back in the black
The AA has driven back into profit after the breakdown service said it has reversed a decline in falling membership numbers.
The group said pre-tax profits came in at £48 million for the first half of the year, compared with a £69 million loss in the same period last year.
AA said paid personal members grew in every month in the second quarter to 3.3 million, reversing a trend of falling numbers.
Chief executive Bob Mackenzie said: "We are extremely encouraged by the reversal of the decline in paid personal members over the last few months. The marketing strategy is achieving a... read more
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 11:35 Wheelchair challenge to transform 20 lives
- 11:35 Bloomers come back bigger and better
- 11:35 Did you see Mickleover crash which left girl with broken left?
- 11:34 TAS plan follow-up to "amazing" Kenyan school visit
- 11:34 BAE Systems expects earnings boost from U.S. defence spending
- 11:34 UK shop sales rise but retailers worry about inflation - CBI
- 11:34 Skeleton of eight foot ‘serpent’ washes up in Cornwall
- 11:34 Woman facing jail for false rape allegations against her ex