Mega-rich football club owner gives two homeless men jobs and accommodation after bumping into them on daily commute
A multimillionaire football club owner took two homeless people off the street today and gave them accommodation and full-time jobs.
Steel tycoon Glenn Tamplin, who runs Billericay Town in Essex, had repeatedly bumped into the men on his way to work.
This morning he decided to offer RAF veteran Richard, who served in the Falklands War, a job as general caretaker.
Richard's friend Ray will work in security at the club's AGP Arena ground and the pair are currently sleeping on beds in a spare office.
Glenn said: "For the last month or so I have been buying them fish and chips, coffees and... read more
- 13:42 Óscar Tabárez: unbowed by illness and adding beauty to Uruguay’s grit
- 13:41 Blood-sucking flies to toxic caterpillars: the insects set to swarm...
- 13:41 'Near miss' road incident sees Ashby farm's illegal business...
- 13:39 Edible coating allows avocados to stay ripe for twice as long
- 13:39 Government will review ban on cannabis for medicinal use
- 13:39 Paul Williams MP: ‘We need to transfer power from hospitals to GPs’
- 13:38 Medicinal cannabis use to be reviewed by government
- 13:38 'County will rise above gloomy predictions'
- 13:38 Subway aims for 75 new outlets in North West
- 13:37 Linton Bridge reopens to traffic after closurer
- 13:36 Siblings in six-month challenge after dad's cancer diagnosis
- 13:35 Wave of support for school's ban on parents wearing pyjamas
- 13:35 Super League side Hull Kingston Rovers team up with Coventry Bears
- 13:35 Former Coventry City goalkeeper signs up at League One rivals
- 13:35 When are Coventry City's 2018-19 League One fixtures announced?
- 13:35 When does the transfer window close in summer 2018 - all you need...
- 13:32 Mum accused of biting woman's finger off in garden fight says trial...
- 13:32 Secret to happiness is to live in a big city like London or New York
- 13:31 Burton Albion's record on the opening day as EFL fixture release...
- 13:30 'Commie cadet' who wore Che Guevara T-shirt kicked out of US army
- 13:29 Green giant: can Glasgow's new School of Art eclipse Mackintosh's...
- 13:27 Daunting start for Hoppers in National League
- 13:27 Leeds ‘UFO’ likened to Death Star makes national headlines
- 13:26 The UK could legalise medicinal cannabis after major government review
- 13:26 Roofer Ashley Wilkes jailed for killing much-loved dad Christopher...
- 13:25 Tributes to 'lovely' 21-year-old whose death sparked police murder...
- 13:22 Man attacked pregnant girlfriend with Samurai sword because she...
- 13:22 Digital marketing agency sees 50% revenue jump after run of client...
- 13:22 Collision involving lorry and a car near St Peter's Bridge
- 13:21 Nabil Fekir to Liverpool: Sky Sports pundit claims Lyon transfer...