Meet the world’s biggest sailing superyacht! It’s got three massive masts and needs a tug to get out of port and is owned by the same billionaire who moored his OTHER superyacht on the Thames
It was virtually impossible to miss the world's largest sailing superyacht as it took to the sea for a test run today - thanks in large part to its three mammoth 300ft masts which stand taller than Big Ben's tower.
The 468ft-long vessel, owned by Russian billionaire Andrey Igorevich Melnichenko, was reportedly pulled out of the German Naval Yard in Kiel, north of Hamburg, by a tugboat and eventually built up a speed of 20 knots.
But the superyacht, worth an estimated $450million (£313million), was not able to realise its full potential because the three huge sails have not yet been... read more
- 12:03 Bastian Schweinsteiger sends message to Man United players ahead of...
- 12:03 Which type of NOSE do you have? From the Nubian to the Hawk, expert...
- 12:02 West Ham ‘s London Stadium branded a ‘powder keg’ for trouble...
- 12:02 Sir Alex Ferguson lauds Arsenal star Alex Iwobi after winger’s...
- 12:02 Retiring Blackpool hairdresser’s permanent wave goodbye!
- 12:02 Fylde coast shale gas supply chain events planned
- 12:02 Highstreets hit as online retail rise continues
- 12:02 Hotel and pub fined over food hygiene
- 12:01 Tata Steel says European steel plans unchanged
- 12:01 11 things you’re now too old to do at Halloween
- 12:01 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:01 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 12:01 Tarporley hosts first inter-schools cross country event of the term
- 12:01 M&S opens pop-up Christmas shop in Leamington
- 12:01 Man in court over suspect North Greenwich Tube device
- 12:00 XV Beyond The Tryline: Watch EXCLUSIVE rugby trailer with Prince...
- 12:00 Tottenham snubbed by Uber over £20m-a-year deal: Picture of model...
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall
- 11:59 John Lennon letter to The Queen valued at £60,000 in Liverpool
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Controversial homes approved
- 11:55 Pensioners can boost their brain power 'by building up their muscle...