Meet the Liverpool barber battling the "ketwig" epidemic
A Liverpool barber has vowed to “battle the epidemic of ketwigs” after noticing the “scruffy” hairstyle’s rise in popularity.
James Browne, owner of Browne’s Barbers in Orrel Park, near Bootle says he’s been inundated with young lads sporting ‘ketwigs’ - which is where hair is left to grow long and curly without any style.
Read More What is a "ketwig"? ECHO investigates
An Urban Dictionary definition of a ketwig reads: “Someone who hasn’t had a hair cut and instead has grown a disgusting mass of hair.
“The name comes from the idea that money saved from not having your hair cut can... read more
- 10:49 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:49 Seven ways to cut your tax bill and save you hundreds of pounds
- 10:49 Manchester clubs were supposed to do battle for the Premier League...
- 10:49 Birmingham City trial Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr
- 10:49 Tunisia massacre: Inquest into Sousse beach tragedy to start today
- 10:49 A self-supporting city street
- 10:48 Lance Stroll must NOT copy this current F1 driver, claims Jacques...
- 10:48 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:47 Flashing UFO appears near Space Station – but astronaut ‘covers it...
- 10:47 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 10:47 From a milkman on skis to sledding nuns: Stunning vintage photos of...
- 10:47 Reports of shooting near Primary School in Glasgow during morning...
- 10:46 Woman taken to hospital after vehicle smashes into post near Doncaster
- 10:46 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 10:46 SPEED CAMERAS: Latest hot spot locations
- 10:46 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:46 Pep Guardiola effectively says Manchester United are out of the...
- 10:45 Consultation on STI funding
- 10:44 Top things to do at the weekend (January 20 to 22)
- 10:44 Coalition forces have freed two million from IS, says Fallon
- 10:43 Kids describe their dream homes
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre