Meet the baby who will never see his mum’s face after being born without eyes
This baby will never see his mum’s face after being born without eyes.
One-year-old Elijah Davies suffers from a rare condition that affects just one in 100,000 babies.
The toddler must go through a series of painful operations to rebuild the front of his skull so he can have prosthetic eyes fitted one day.
Mum Zoe Hickson, 23, from Seacombe, described the brave tot as an “absolutely amazing” child who is “always laughing”.
She is now fundraising to pay for a sensory room for Elijah where he can play in safety.
Zoe and Elijah’s dad Shaun knew something was wrong after the birth on July 23... read more
- 11:55 £700,000 is what you'll need for a des res in Lincolnshire's most...
- 11:55 Dani Alves wants Man City move - and other transfer talk
- 11:55 Carlo Ancelotti: I hate agreeing with Man United boss Jose Mourinho...
- 11:55 Arsenal star posts worrying injury update on Instragam account: It...
- 11:53 Paul Scholes: This Man United player has disappointed me
- 11:53 Williams F1 2017 launch: Stunning new snaps of FW40 car
- 11:52 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 11:52 Be warned: new phone scam on its way here
- 11:52 Blind boy, 9, with cerebral palsy dies from starvation weighing...
- 11:50 Elderly woman injured in accident
- 11:49 Starbucks Frappuccino bath bombs are now a thing
- 11:49 West Brom vs Bournemouth: How can you follow it, team news, odds,...
- 11:49 Erdington roof siege: Wanted man held riot police at bay from top...
- 11:49 Andy Carroll picks unlikely name in his dream five-a-side team
- 11:49 Southampton boss Claude Puel: My players can stop this Man United star
- 11:48 Look inside eerie abandoned Anglesey WWII soldiers' home
- 11:45 Chelsea star sends message to Antonio Conte: I have proven myself -...
- 11:45 Arsenal tell fans Alexis Sanchez is leaving the club this summer
- 11:45 UPDATE: Woman dies after flat fire
- 11:45 Warwick man jailed for burglary
- 11:44 How Lincolnshire bomber crews made sure SS-GB is pure fiction
- 11:44 Cabbage perform at Cafe Indie - pictures and video
- 11:42 Belper’s most popular news stories this week
- 11:42 Jose Mourinho in regular contact with Barcelona star Neymar over...
- 11:41 Pensioner dies after car hits railway bridge
- 11:41 Entire contents of £1.7m Tudor manor house to be auctioned off
- 11:41 Revealed: What West Midlands mayor will earn
- 11:41 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho taking it easy as he gears...
- 11:41 I lost HALF my weight and now share clothes with my 19-year-old...
- 11:41 Severe delays as main Nottingham road is closed causing 'nightmare'...