Mediaset to proceed with legal action against Vivendi - source
The board of Italian broadcaster Mediaset (MS.MI) has given management a mandate to press ahead with legal action against Vivendi (VIV.PA) over a disputed pay-TV deal, a source close to the matter said on Tuesday.
The decision was taken after the French media giant did not come up with an alternative proposal to resolve the situation, the source said.
Mediaset, owned by former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, is suing Vivendi for damages after it backed away from an April deal to take full control of the Italian group's pay-TV unit Premium.
"The board has given managers a mandate to... read more
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes
- 09:50 Morning misery for A19 and A1 commuters after three separate...
- 09:49 WATCH LIVE 10.30AM THURSDAY: Brexit debate and European...
- 09:49 Mum of baby who drowned in bath says ‘I was stupid’ to leave him...
- 09:49 Easter changes to bin collection
- 09:48 Sheffield flat set alight in arson attack
- 09:48 Virat Kohli: India captain clarifies 'hostile' Australia remark
- 09:48 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:48 Santi Cazorla will not play again this season as Arsenal boss...
- 09:47 Doctor Who season 10: Pearl Mackie told NOT to watch the series
- 09:46 Team’s 10K effort for lifeboat cause
- 09:46 Boston and Skegness MP backs Prime Minister’s EU pledge
- 09:46 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:46 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:46 Food wholesaler Booker Group reveals it enjoyed its best ever sales...
- 09:46 PCSO threatened with knife and cycle is stolen in York
- 09:45 Tesco to stop selling certain beers - but which ones, and why?
- 09:45 Casualty cut out of crashed car by firefighters
- 09:44 Caught on camera: Do you know them?
- 09:44 David Haye confirms Jimi Manuwa talks: UFC star wants boxing match...
- 09:44 Where does April Fool’s Day come from?