Meddling German minister says Britain can't slash business tax until it leaves EU
Until Britain triggers article 50 and leaves the bloc the government can't significantly cut levies in an effort to attract busines, blasted Angela Merkel's right-hand man.
When asked whether plans by Britain to cut corporate tax could mean more competition across Europe for countries to do the same.
He said: "Britain is still a member of the European Union.
"So they are bound by European law."
The Government had already outlined measures to cut corporation tax to 17 percent by 2020.
But it's thought Chancellor Philip Hammond could cut rates further in a bid to boost the... read more
- 10:08 May and Corbyn both branded ‘losers’ after TV Q&A
- 10:08 High-tech treasure hunting to help explore Kielder
- 10:08 Promoting better lives lands prize for forum
- 10:08 India v Bangladesh live stream: Can I watch ICC Champions Trophy...
- 10:08 New Zealand v Sri Lanka live stream: Can I watch ICC Champions...
- 10:08 Theatre: The young theatre makers bringing new work to Aberdeen
- 10:08 Hi vis vest donation to keep kids safe
- 10:08 Music preview: The Scottish Album of the Year nominees
- 10:07 Barwell Co-op robbers were armed with handgun - police
- 10:07 Corporate Architecture lands massive deal
- 10:07 OECD says IPO underwriting fees "akin to tacit collusion"
- 10:07 General Election 2017 Live: Reaction to leaders debate and flagship...
- 10:07 Manchester bombing: Injured teen who survived attack recounts...
- 10:07 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...
- 10:06 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...
- 10:06 Wolves spring latest shock to reach semis
- 10:06 Day the Bank of England called on Dr Seuss for help: Cat in The Hat...
- 10:06 Disgraced Fred the Shred avoids court grilling after RBS agrees...
- 10:05 Kenilworth’s worthy people and businesses honoured at The Worthies...
- 10:05 Two-year ban for Hawick bus driver who did this
- 10:05 Kelso Hospital closed
- 10:04 Theresa May on Brexit, housing, migration, and why Abba gets her up...
- 10:04 Residents' anger as 'tiny' play park plans recommended for approval
- 10:04 These are the dangers of smoking while pregnant
- 10:04 European shares fall for fourth day, banks under pressure
- 10:04 Market to support fundraising appeal for Warwick’s new birthing unit
- 10:04 This new text message scam will steal your money and identity - how...
- 10:04 Powerful Saudi prince to meet Putin in Russia
- 10:03 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...
- 10:02 ELECTION 2017: Voters with learning disabilities are being excluded...