Mechanic who lost three limbs when his body was ravaged by blood poisoning can pick up a wrench again after he was given a bionic arm
A mechanic who lost limbs to a life-threatening illness has received a state-of-the-art bionic arm after his workmates raised £27,000.
Mark Camamile, 33, had both legs and right hand amputated after contracting the blood poisoning infection, septicaemia, which he originally mistook for flu.
The father-of-two was taken to hospital in October last year when his lips began to turn blue.
He passed out and was placed in a medically induced coma.
When he awoke four weeks later at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital, he was given the devastating news both of his legs had been amputated below the... read more
- 13:32 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:29 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:29 Police continue to quiz man, 49, in Gaia Pope disappearance probe
- 13:33 Who was Sir John Whinnerah and why is the Tesco roundabout in...
- 13:32 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:29 ‘We live in fear without Longridge town police’
- 13:32 Jobs at risk at uni due to ‘Brexit challenges’
- 13:32 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:29 Want to tweet? Just be careful!
- 13:32 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:33 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:33 Here's how to get tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Derby...
- 13:29 Reaching for stars in astronomy GCSE
- 13:32 Dynamo cycling feature: Slow riding from Lancaster to Heysham
- 13:33 Government could hit smokers with second tax rise in a year, warn...
- 13:32 Lancaster girls’ school stands by single sex education
- 13:29 Celebrating 40 years of art
- 13:33 Asda are selling a 'smash cake' for just £13
- 13:32 Lancaster and Morecambe students sparkle for good cause
- 13:29 New image in hunt for alleged attackers
- 13:32 Staff on Virgin's West Coast line vote to strike in pay dispute
- 13:29 Blabbing secrets by accident
- 13:32 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:29 Road closed after collision involving cyclist
- 13:29 These are the university courses that’ll make you rich - and those...
- 13:32 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:29 NATIONAL NEWS: Body found in search for missing teen Gaia Pope
- 13:32 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 13:32 Commuting time on the rise in the North West
- 13:29 Man arrested after plane crash lucky escape