MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
- 14:53 Police target burglars in week of action
- 14:53 These three best friends have matching tattoos and there’s quite a...
- 14:53 Three other British Tour de France heroes
- 14:52 Protein shakes recalled over allergy risk
- 14:52 Syrians in Lebanon hit by arrests, curfews and hostility after...
- 14:52 Anthony Martial’s ex just threw some serious shade at striker by...
- 14:51 Woman of Steel who welded spitfires in Sheffield turns 100
- 14:51 Inquests into Spalding gun tragedy set to open
- 14:51 Jarrow comic Carl Hutchinson headlines free stand-up comedy gig
- 14:50 MARHAM ABDUCTION LATEST: Attacker may have ‘visible facial injury’...
- 14:50 Two weeks left to have your say on East Lindsey’s draft Local Plan
- 14:50 Chief coroner gives backing to proposed 'Hillsborough law'
- 14:50 Drink-drive van man smashed into road sign
- 14:49 Police target burglars in week of action
- 14:48 Juventus boss responds to Paul Pogba Manchester United speculation
- 14:48 Manchester United chief Ed Woodward defends decision to call off...
- 14:48 Virat Kohli urges his India team to dominate more Test matches...
- 14:47 This house in Wakefield costs the same as a garage in London
- 14:47 New cafe in the pipeline at former Louth tattoo studio
- 14:47 Two weeks left to have your say on East Lindsey’s draft Local Plan
- 14:46 Man attacked as thieves force their way into Cleethorpes home in...
- 14:46 Accident on A630 roundabout
- 14:46 South Yorkshire Police arms amnesty extended
- 14:45 Ansbach bar bomber watched 'extreme Islamist' videos and had been...
- 14:45 INQUEST: Boy, 11, died after ‘getting into trouble’ in canal
- 14:45 Britons lay on restaurant floor for FOUR HOURS to escape Munich gunman
- 14:45 ‘What’s the point?’ German leaders clash over calls for army to...
- 14:45 Ericsson ousts chief executive after months of criticism, shares soar
- 14:45 75-year-old man arrested on suspicion of burglary at bank
- 14:45 Accused in India Chipchase trial told neighbour he was ‘trained to...