Mayor's fury that S*n newspaper is being given away for free at Labour conference
Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson reacted with fury after it emerged that the S*n is being given away for free at the Labour party conference.
The reviled tabloid, hated on Merseyside for its coverage in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster, is on stands in the London Lounge at Liverpool’s ACC conference centre.
Batches of the paper were found hidden beneath copies of the Times newspaper, both owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp.
Liverpool’s Labour mayor Joe Anderson said he was “furious” that the paper was available.
Read More Labour Party Conference in Liverpool live updates: Sadiq Khan... read more
- 10:18 Police hunt driver 'who sped off' following serious accident
- 10:18 Couple kicked out of own Tower of London wedding after drunk army...
- 10:18 Hairdresser won legal battle using skills she got watching Miss Marple
- 10:18 The M1 ‘could be brought you by Morrisons’ in bid to cut taxes...
- 10:17 Aggreko hails sales rise but profits still set to fall
- 10:17 Kilmarnock legend Ray Montgomerie believes four points should be...
- 10:17 South Yorkshire college set to mark its 50th anniversary
- 10:17 Bladder cancer cure: THIS unusual drug ingredient STOPS tumours...
- 10:17 Cristiano Ronaldo shocked by Julia Roberts changing room surprise –...
- 10:17 Jose Mourinho opens up on summer transfer plans: This is key
- 10:17 Men who tried to save Burton man Richard Holden's life receive top...
- 10:16 Labour councillor 'leaked' confidential document on chief...
- 10:16 Work starts on restoring workers' washroom at Middleport Pottery...
- 10:16 Full list of primary school admissions for Stoke-on-Trent
- 10:16 Stoke transfer window preview as 16 players linked with moves away
- 10:16 Man bailed after death of St Helens stabbing victim Ryan Lamb
- 10:15 Delta REMOVE passenger for using TOILET after 30 minute delay on...
- 10:15 Longridge B-P Scout leads St George’s Day Parade
- 10:15 Sheffield girls’ school scoops ‘BiG’ prize at City Enterprise Awards
- 10:15 Plans submitted for Berwick quayside café
- 10:15 VIDEO: Thieves caught on CCTV stealing Lambrettas from South...
- 10:15 Massive city bike ride set to draw crowds to Coventry once again
- 10:15 Coventry thug among gang jailed for 80 years over terrifying armed...
- 10:14 EU to unveil plans to snatch UK-based Euro agencies back from London
- 10:14 What war? Kim Jong-un says North Korea loves peace ‘more than...
- 10:14 'Britain has BREXIT ILLUSIONS' Merkel says UK will be stripped of...
- 10:14 Recovery operation for man who went into the water at Glasson Dock
- 10:14 Little Bare pub proves big hit with locals
- 10:14 Suicidal woman’s touching letter to police after they saved her life
- 10:13 A1 closed in Lincolnshire after Audi crash - 2-mile tailbacks