Mayor confirms London transport fares freeze until 2020
London Mayor Sadiq Khan has confirmed fares across the Transport for London (TfL) network will be frozen from January until 2020.
The fares freeze was a significant promise made by Mr Khan during this year's mayoral election race.
The mayor said the fares freeze would save the average household £200 over the next four years.
The freeze is expected to cost £640m. It will not apply to travelcards, monthly Oyster cards or daily caps.
They can be used on services provided by other operators.
Bus and tram tickets During the mayoral election campaign Mr Khan promised Londoners "won't pay a... read more
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies
- 00:01 Don't Give Way To Hate
- 00:01 Thousands bid farewell to Martin McGuinness
- 00:01 Chile: 33 Pinochet agents jailed for communist deaths
- 00:01 US: Black politicians raise concerns with Trump face-to-face
- 00:01 Faith leaders label outrage ‘a perversion of Islam’
- 00:01 Mini workers plan another demo to save retirements
- 00:01 Contestants finally leave Channel 4’s Eden to discover show has...
- 00:01 Knowledge of family justice rules is ‘patchy’
- 23:56 ALEX BRUMMER: The bell tolls for Co-op Bank - 'the main interest of...
- 23:55 Teenage pregnancy rates reach lowest level on record
- 23:55 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 23:55 MP told to apologise over failure to declare interest in telecom firm
- 23:55 29 charged in child sex abuse probe
- 23:55 British mother appears in Rwanda on state secrets charges
- 23:55 Man shocked at road rage accusation after he tried to help trapped...
- 23:55 3D technology brings anti-slavery campaigner William Wilberforce...