Mayfield man becomes oldest in Britain
A tireless former farmer who is now the oldest man in Britain believes 'old-fashioned hard work' is the secret to a long life.
Jack Mansfield, who has lived through historic events including the two world wars, the great depression and man's first foray into space, will reach the incredible age of 109 in December,
The sprightly centenarian remarkably lived at home in Sunny Bank, Mayfield, until medical complaints prompted a move to Tynefield Court care home, in Etwall, just five weeks ago.
With his family by his side, he today (October 17) treated himself to a beer to celebrate being... read more
- 13:05 Here are the dates for the next property auctions in Nottingham?
- 13:05 Terror suspect downloaded propaganda because he was 'simply...
- 13:05 Why we need to talk about mental health issues in young people
- 13:05 100 Scots patients spent 12 hours in A&E in first week of 2017
- 13:04 Passengers face struggle to catch bus after stop disappears
- 13:04 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:04 FEATURE: A look at the incredible work Worksop charity JOEL is...
- 13:04 Watch: Dramatic footage shows devastation at Small Heath Citroen...
- 13:04 New Laws for Wales in 2017 and how they will impact YOU
- 13:04 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:03 Pound soars as May pledges to avoid Brexit ‘cliff edge’
- 13:03 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:03 Guitar theft suspect arrested after Scarborough chase
- 13:01 Louis van Gaal failed at Manchester United but we should remember...
- 13:01 Novak Djokovic avoids repeat of Rafa Nadal slip up to vanquish...
- 13:01 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain
- 13:01 Manchester United fear Memphis Depay may not leave Old Trafford in...
- 13:01 Ground broken on new £350m rail line
- 13:01 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:01 Missing man could be in Cumbria as police launch search to find him
- 13:01 Chelsea eyeing Felipe Anderson and Stefan de Vrij in double...
- 13:01 Concerns over council's £45,000 bill for Roman cavalry re-enactment...
- 13:01 Man missing for a month could be in Cumbria
- 13:00 Search ongoing for missing Whitley Bay man who 'requires medication'
- 13:00 Quad bike and tools stolen in Corbridge garage burglary
- 12:59 Horncastle community responds to aid call
- 12:59 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is just 30 per cent tactics and 70 per...
- 12:58 Donald Trump stopped Ed Sheeran releasing his album two months ago
- 12:58 U.S. STOCK INDEX FUTURES PARE LOSSES, DOW JONES FUTURES NOW DOWN...
- 12:58 Norma Bell murder trial: Son said accused had been asking for money