May drives sterling bounce after four days of Brexit woe
Sterling rebounded on Wednesday after Britain's prime minister said she would offer to give lawmakers some scrutiny of the Brexit process and that Britain would seek "maximum possible access" to Europe's single market.
Sterling plunged in the wake of Britain's shock vote to leave the European Union -- it has lost almost 18 percent against the dollar GBP=D4 since the referendum on June 23. On Tuesday, it hit its lowest ever level on a broad, trade-weighted index basis, according to the Bank of England's website.
Having fallen for four straight days on growing anxiety that Britain's... read more
- 12:45 12 photos which show people in Derby dress to impress in autumn
- 12:44 The ultimate pub crawl has been mapped out so let’s get hammered
- 12:43 Thailand presses Google over online royal insults
- 12:41 Bangladesh v England Day Three Debrief: Ben Stokes masterclass puts...
- 12:41 Young DJ has sights set on being next James Corden
- 12:39 Jose Mourinho's time at Chelsea will never be forgotten... but he...
- 12:38 Are Scunthorpe's pharmacies under threat?
- 12:32 Police make arrest after 37-year-old man found in city street with...
- 12:31 Laws to protect The Stray to be substantially changed to hold more...
- 12:31 Photographer spends days on bridges to capture street vendors...
- 12:31 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:29 Arsene Wenger mocked in post sent from official Arsenal account
- 12:28 Church set to reopen after £200,000 facelift - just in time for...
- 12:28 Prescription budget should be met despite pressure points
- 12:28 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:28 Clark unveils £4m plan to boost number of electric trucks in UK
- 12:28 Cumberbatch hails 'true superheroes' at charity awards
- 12:28 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:27 £15m boost for cancer charities
- 12:26 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:25 Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere has Premier League’s best passing...
- 12:23 King’s Mill bosses step aside after merger delays
- 12:22 Belgian shopping mall evacuated as three gunmen rob jewellery store
- 12:22 Protecting those who protect us...
- 12:21 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:21 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:21 Break-ins in the Vale of Belvoir
- 12:20 Ben Mee: This is what will spur Burnley on to Premier League...
- 12:20 Chest infection meant Honley man couldn't do breathalyser test
- 12:20 Lincoln City v Eastleigh LIVE - follow the action from Sincil Bank