Maternity wards in England to be rated by safety record
The government is to release new ratings for maternity wards across England to allow prospective parents to compare and contrast services in NHS hospitals, as part of a drive to reduce instances of stillbirth and brain injuries during labour.
Maternity data detailing the frequency of accidents within clinical commissioning groups and the health prospects of expectant mothers – including the percentage of smokers, for example – will be collated to form England-wide ratings.
In a major speech on Monday, Jeremy Hunt will also unveil proposals to allow the NHS to offer compensation... read more
- 00:16 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho taunts Southampton ahead of...
- 00:14 Many countries ‘stricter on game hunting rules’ than Scotland
- 00:13 Inverness 2-1 Rangers: Bad to worse for Graeme Murty as Billy...
- 00:13 Wales foot soldier Sam Warburton has rediscovered his mojo thanks...
- 00:12 Feminist issues that won’t go away
- 00:12 Arts ahead: February 25 2017
- 00:12 On Distras, Drewett, Seagulls and myself
- 00:12 Man U’s Rostov tie ‘bad in every aspect’ – Jose
- 00:12 FOXES FANS BLAST ‘SHAMEFUL’ SACKING
- 00:12 A fitting send-off for England’s greatest, Kelly Smith
- 00:12 Look beyond Trump’s populist razzmatazz
- 00:12 Soldiers go on trial over coup plot
- 00:12 DUP admits funding was from Constitutional Research Council
- 00:12 Austerity is near an end, Tsipras claims after EU debt deal
- 00:12 Arcadia staff give bosses a dressing down
- 00:11 Music review: Julian Cope
- 00:12 MPs pass anti-rape Bill despite ‘villainous’ Tory’s whining
- 00:11 Music review: The Pet Shop Boys
- 00:12 Union fears Argos move will depress wages
- 00:11 Music review: Pelleas & Melisande
- 00:12 Former St Mirren Paul McKnight calls on Saints to turn the clock...
- 00:12 Crowd left baffled as Cambuslang boxer loses out to controversial...
- 00:11 Film/Music review: Lost in France
- 00:11 Theatre review: Pink Mist, Last Tango in Partick, The Curious...
- 00:11 Mum’s the Word:
- 00:11 MP tackles football's breastfeeding taboo
- 00:11 Film review: Demons; David Lynch: The Art Life; Their Finest
- 00:11 Scottish Labour's Dugdale pledges to work 'tirelessly' for union
- 00:08 Robbie Henshaw and Garry Ringrose must ignore hype, says Gordon...
- 00:07 David Moyes speaks out on Manchester United transfer: Player would...