Martin Skrtel in race to face Manchester United after Fenerbahce defender has surgery on broken nose
Martin Skrtel has proven his robust qualities having played through two matches with a double break in his nose.
The former Liverpool defender broke his nose in a Europa League clash with Feyenoord on Thursday and managed to carry on after some medical attention.
The 31-year-old even played a full 90 minutes wearing a face mask in the Turkish league at the weekend but has since undergone successful surgery.
Skrtel updated his Instagram followers on Monday by posting a picture from his hospital bed.
‘Surgery went well,I dont think I will be look better than Brad Pitt,but at least I can... read more
- 15:16 Discover Fashioned from Nature at the V&A
- 15:15 Arsene Wenger: Robin Van Persie sends emotional message to Arsenal...
- 15:15 Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson reveals why he’s delighted at...
- 15:14 What does 420 friendly mean?
- 15:14 Top of the Shops with Tom Kerridge - A flop from top to bottom
- 15:14 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:14 Alien spaceships, grunting pigs and revving Ford Cortinas among...
- 15:14 Festival fans urged to snap up tickets to National Forest's Timber...
- 15:13 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:13 Send us your football team photos
- 15:13 Trinity star’s grandson Luke is born to run
- 15:13 Teenager turns bird detective
- 15:13 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:13 Staff, management and volunteers pitch in to turn Burnley green
- 15:12 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:12 Magpie Recipe: Hake with Spanish beans, for two
- 15:12 Bury families in poverty are to get help
- 15:12 Headteachers from Bury highlight school funding crisis
- 15:11 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:11 Is your business stuck in a mobile not-spot?
- 15:10 France's ex-PM Manuel Valls could stand for mayor of Barcelona
- 15:10 Sir Alex Ferguson pays touching tribute to Arsene Wenger after...
- 15:10 PNE in Numbers: North End have become Championship’s comeback kings
- 15:09 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:08 Ill passenger causes delays on trains
- 15:08 Multi-million pound scheme to get Nuneaton jobless back to work
- 15:08 Got a rat, cockroach or other pest problem in Mansfield? Phone...
- 15:08 Tony Pulis demands Middlesbrough see the job through
- 15:08 Mobile speed camera locations in Calderdale
- 15:08 Halifax MP anger over last bank closure in Sowerby Bridge