Martin Naylor: 'The weird moment I witnessed man getting sacked on the bus'
Our reporter Martin Naylor talks about a strange incident on a bus in his weekly column.
I witnessed quite the weirdest thing this week. I was sitting on the bus on the way home from town when the bloke I was next to took a phone call. “Hello Dave,” he calmly said as he answered. “No, it’s OK, I’m only on the bus,” he went on to explain.
Over the course of the next few minutes, it became plain to me what was happening to the poor lad. He was being sacked from his job. Ashen-faced, he left the bus a couple of stops before mine, staring mouth open at his mobile in the process before standing... read more
- 04:58 Cineworld Broad Street's 4DX screen is a smash hit with the stars...
- 04:51 New York State Athletic Commission keeping a close eye on Conor...
- 04:51 Golden boys! British Ballon d'Or winners: Which Manchester United...
- 04:44 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:36 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 04:36 Father to be sentenced for murder of two-month old baby Daisy-Mae
- 04:36 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 04:34 James Clapper says North Korea denuclearisation a 'lost cause'
- 04:29 Young adult offenders rethink urged by MPs
- 04:10 LETTER: Open invitation for Corbyn to visit Dewsbury
- 04:10 LETTER: Incensed at decision to shut Kirklees museum
- 04:10 LETTER: We need more than just opposition
- 04:10 PPG is bringing the colour back to the Batley and Birstall community
- 04:10 Week of disruption as roadworks take place at Chain Bar
- 04:10 Cost of living - fuel prices on the increase
- 04:10 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 04:10 30 years on, police re-examine brutal unsolved canalside murder
- 04:10 New Dewsbury sessions to help learn more about World War One
- 04:02 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 04:00 Nikkei edges down after U.S. shares drop; mining shares sold
- 03:56 Feeling of financial security 'takes £21,000 savings'
- 03:56 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 03:55 Conservatives in turmoil over Heathrow third runway decision
- 03:55 BBC preheats its ovens for last Bake Off final before contest moves...
- 03:55 Father to be sentenced for murder of two-month old baby Daisy-Mae
- 03:33 France's Engie sees greatest LNG growth as shipping fuel
- 03:29 Australian police say they interview Vatican treasurer over abuse...
- 03:18 Benedict Cumberbatch: From Hamlet to Doctor Strange
- 03:06 Parrot fossil unearthed in Siberia
- 03:05 Single parents owed millions of pounds for child maintenance, study...