Martin Kaymer insists he will help out Team Europe's Ryder Cup rookies just four years after he made the winning putt to complete the Medinah miracle
Even now, four years on, there will be a moment each week when Martin Kaymer thinks about the six-foot putt he holed to win the Ryder Cup and complete the Medinah miracle.
Just not in the way you would imagine. While his pro-am playing partners want to know what it was like when the putt fell below ground, the question triggers an alternative image for the German. What if he had missed?
Remember the movie Sliding Doors, in which Gwyneth Paltrow’s character lived parallel lives based on whether or not she caught a train? Kaymer is enacting his own version for real.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous... read more
- 00:00 Winks eyeing up senior chances
- 00:00 Why variety and integration are the spice of Glasgow life
- 00:00 On Lenin’s side of the barricades
- 00:00 Cycling boss claims bullying has been ‘sensationalised’
- 00:00 Arsenal left feeling Blue after FA Cup defeat
- 00:00 Formula One: Hamilton relishes battle with Vettel
- 00:00 Fair hiring matters: Fighting back against black unemployment in...
- 00:00 Len McCluskey is the real deal
- 00:00 A chance to celebrate the uprising of the Welsh
- 00:00 Take heart from the Durham TAs
- 00:00 Bulgaria: Socialists prepared to lead with turn to left
- 00:00 Iran imposes tit-for-tat sanctions on 15 US firms
- 00:00 Iraq: US admits to deadly civilian air strike
- 00:00 Left must set the agenda on EU talks
- 00:01 Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffers injury scare during Spain...
- 00:00 Delegates delighted by Made in Dagenham flash mob
- 00:00 ‘Isis represent trade unions’ oldest enemy – fascists’
- 23:50 Former Olympic champion Katie Taylor calls for equality and...
- 23:45 Indyref2 not on the agenda as Theresa May arrives in Scotland
- 23:42 ‘Penis seat’ reserved for men appears on public transport
- 23:42 The 50 greatest Champions League matches of all time: Sportsmail...
- 23:39 Treehouse could be built in Burton complete with play area as...
- 23:37 Anthony Crolla wants mega money fight with Terry Flanagan - despite...
- 23:37 Chelsea dealt third injury scare after Eden Hazard and Thibaut...
- 23:33 Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino must make 6,000-mile return...
- 23:31 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil on Arsene Wenger: I do not believe this
- 23:30 Eritrean migrants pulled from lorry in Cambridgeshire
- 23:26 UPDATE 1-U.S. equity futures drop 0.5 percent
- 23:22 Chile pensions protest draws tens of thousands
- 23:19 U.S. equity futures drop 0.3 percent