Marmite: why should a British product, made in the UK and sold to British people, go up because of the pound?
0 Have your say While you might envision the falling pound affecting continental luxuries like Cornettos and Cif limescale remover, when it comes to Marmite – you’d think it would be Brexit-proof.
The entire world’s supply of the divisive spread is made in a single factory in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, and has been for 113 years.
By Britons, for Britons
The factory in Burton produces 6,000 tons of Marmite, or 50 million jars, per year. The vast majority – 85 per cent – is sold in the UK. The upshot of this is that Marmite exports don’t contribute highly to its profitability or... read more
- 09:33 Former Stratford man had child rape video on his phone
- 09:32 Suspended sentence for Worksop man caught with child porn
- 09:33 Shaw Hill Golf Club lady captain Hilary's £16,000 charity donation
- 09:32 Car blaze spread to nearby property
- 09:32 Football Shirt Friday: England and West Ham legend Bobby Moore...
- 09:32 Grosvenor Bridge accident causing delays heading into Chester
- 09:32 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal scouted this Tottenham star
- 09:32 World Cup hero Bobby Moore honoured in bizarre fashion
- 09:32 Tour de Yorkshire: Pointing the way as tour comes to town
- 09:31 Liverpool boy found safe as hunt for another missing teenager...
- 09:30 Carlo Ancelotti's Bayern Munich future is not up for discussion...
- 09:30 AC Milan go 'all out' for Cesc Fabregas as Italians look to...
- 09:30 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko fight build-up and weigh-in...
- 09:31 RSPCA slam cruel air rifle user who shot pet cat in Earlsdon
- 09:30 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko betting guide: Don't believe...
- 09:30 Wladimir Klitschko's fiancee: Glamorous celeb Hayden Panettiere is...
- 09:30 Afghan Taliban announce spring offensive
- 09:29 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Jose Mourinho is wrong about this
- 09:28 From the Scottish Highlands to Mount Snowdon: The most picturesque...
- 09:28 Manchester United to launch £38m raid on long-term target
- 09:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger convinced Gunners can finish in top three
- 09:26 Royal Bank of Scotland shares climb after the troubled...
- 09:26 Barclays doubles its profits but £884m dent in Africa triggers a...
- 09:25 North Korean crisis ‘is worst I’ve ever seen’ says top Navy officer
- 09:25 West Cumbrian man jailed for more than seven years for stabbing
- 09:24 'Fully-loaded' Kodi boxes illegal, EU court rules
- 09:23 BHP gets approval to raise iron ore exports from Australian port
- 09:23 India: Kashmir social media ban criticised
- 09:23 Manchester City Player Ratings: Yaya Toure shines, Claudio Bravo...
- 09:23 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger provides double injury update ahead of...