Marmite: why should a British product, made in the UK and sold to British people, go up because of the pound?
0 Have your say While you might envision the falling pound affecting continental luxuries like Cornettos and Cif limescale remover, when it comes to Marmite – you’d think it would be Brexit-proof.
The entire world’s supply of the divisive spread is made in a single factory in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, and has been for 113 years.
By Britons, for Britons
The factory in Burton produces 6,000 tons of Marmite, or 50 million jars, per year. The vast majority – 85 per cent – is sold in the UK. The upshot of this is that Marmite exports don’t contribute highly to its profitability or... read more
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place
- 11:32 Chocolate bars could get smaller after Brexit warns Cadbury
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition
- 11:31 West Brom: The bumper list of free transfers available for Tony...
- 11:31 Aston Villa: The bumper list of free transfers Steve Bruce could...
- 11:30 When do the clocks go forward in 2017? Here's what you need to know...
- 11:30 Robbie Savage: I was right about this Manchester United star
- 11:29 Karim Benzema gives striker transfer advice: Man United and Arsenal...
- 11:28 Aldi shoppers warned over this fake voucher scam
- 11:28 Uma Thurman co-star Rosie Day in Coventry to visit baby hospice
- 11:28 This Keresley home with STUNNING landscaped gardens could be yours
- 11:27 Search is on for war hero's family after medal is found buried in...
- 11:26 Teen dies after taking elephant tranquilisers bought illegally on...
- 11:26 Man with Derbyshire links was sat next to bomber in Brussels terror...
- 11:25 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 11:24 A very wise person has developed a wine bottle that doesn’t drip
- 11:24 Barcelona given asking price for star man: Liverpool won't be happy
- 11:24 Seven days left to avoid higher car tax bills: Cost of new vehicles...
- 11:24 This referee has been red-carded after 40 years - here's why
- 11:23 71 Brewing: Beer from the heart of Dundee
- 11:21 Wayne Rooney slams Neil Taylor over tackle which broke Seamus...
- 11:21 Three arrested in St Helens over attack in Asda car park
- 11:20 Tributes pour in for Ripley teen who died after South Normanton...