Marmite ‘crisis’ is settled
The Marmite scare is over!
Unilever has confirmed the “supply situation” with Tesco involving the price of Marmite and other products had been “successfully resolved” and that the items are “once again fully available”.
It comes as Unilever, the group behind brands such as Marmite, Flora and Persil, is believed to have demanded a 10 per cent price rise due to the falling value of sterling, halting deliveries to Tesco when it refused.
A “used” jar of Marmite has appeared on eBay for £100,000 as consumers respond to the news of a shortage of the spread.
The listing also throws in free postage... read more
- 13:02 Turkey steps up support for Qatar, discusses Gulf tensions with Saudi
- 13:02 Exclusive - South Korea president calls on China's Xi to do more on...
- 13:02 Children's author Dan Walker comes to Waterstones, in Burton, to...
- 13:01 Appeal after Preston primary school targeted by vandals
- 13:00 Barcelona star Luis Suarez makes emotional return to first club...
- 13:00 FTSE wallows at one-week low as energy weighs; Imagination tech...
- 13:00 Collision near Burghley House
- 12:59 Best value holiday destinations for this summer REVEALED: Prague...
- 12:59 Ali Coote departs Dundee United to join Brentford
- 12:59 Stevie May’s return to Scotland in doubt
- 12:58 Counter-terrorism checks on Liverpool waterfront ahead of Royal visit
- 12:58 Man left confused after Starbucks barista writes ‘Penis’ on his cup
- 12:58 Forget Me Not Children's hospice to open second facility
- 12:57 South Shields cancer patient’s praise for Sir Bobby Robson...
- 12:57 Could this be a cure for heart attacks? Scientists pinpoint method...
- 12:57 Three police officers in hospital after assault in South Shields...
- 12:57 Are you guilty of texting too much? Just 5 hours on a mobile...
- 12:57 Handgun found in hedges next to Dewsbury primary school
- 12:57 Expectant mothers are warned to think twice before popping...
- 12:57 Toys stolen during break-in at children's charity shop
- 12:57 Grenfell blaze: 600 tower blocks have cladding similar to Grenfell
- 12:56 Police probe attempted break-in north of the border
- 12:56 Death crash trial jury retires to consider verdict
- 12:56 Sega debuts free classic games on mobiles
- 12:56 Which month is toughest for Burton Albion in 2017/18? Have your say
- 12:56 Gates open on 177th Royal Highland Show
- 12:56 ‘Total bedlam’ - visitors slammed for blighting Gaddings Dam beauty...
- 12:55 Transfer rumour: The latest with West Brom transfer target Charlie...
- 12:55 Here's what Ray Wilkins has to say about Aston Villa transfer...
- 12:55 Beach and swimwear fashion from Peacocks