Marmite ‘crisis’ is settled
The Marmite scare is over!
Unilever has confirmed the “supply situation” with Tesco involving the price of Marmite and other products had been “successfully resolved” and that the items are “once again fully available”.
It comes as Unilever, the group behind brands such as Marmite, Flora and Persil, is believed to have demanded a 10 per cent price rise due to the falling value of sterling, halting deliveries to Tesco when it refused.
A “used” jar of Marmite has appeared on eBay for £100,000 as consumers respond to the news of a shortage of the spread.
The listing also throws in free postage... read more
- 13:55 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:55 Sunderland have fewest goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues...
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...
- 13:52 Roll on spring, say frustrated Preston drivers
- 13:50 Arrests made over theft of South Yorkshire band's van, instruments...
- 13:50 Liverpool set to welcome back Jordan Henderson and Nathaniel Clyne...
- 13:49 Barrow man jailed for drug supply role
- 13:49 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at critics after fans BEG her not to...
- 13:49 Dimitri Payet twist: West Ham considering taking action against...
- 13:49 This is how to get rid of bad breath - according to top dentists
- 13:49 Philippe Coutinho opens up on Jurgen Klopp's training ground...
- 13:49 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola delighted at Cheick Keita...
- 13:49 Probe at Blackpool school after pupil goes missing
- 13:49 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce switches to alternative...
- 13:49 Thanks for f*** all! Man Utd fans say goodbye to Memphis Depay on...
- 13:49 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte gives major update on Diego Costa future
- 13:48 BT slams customers with price hikes: New fee of £3.50 a month for...
- 13:48 Tamworth, Atherstone and Coleshill could be affected by train strikes
- 13:48 Manchester United could sell more players in January transfer window
- 13:47 REVEALED: Nottinghamshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:47 Fairfax may sell 25 percent of India's ICICI Lombard in up to $1...
- 13:47 'Equating Lionel Messi with anyone else is like comparing a...
- 13:47 China's Xi says Chinese economy to keep growing steadily