Marmite and ice cream - how Brexit is already changing our lives
Tesco’s decision to remove Marmite and other top brands from its stores shows how Brexit is already having a direct impact on British living standards, it has been claimed.
The row between Tesco and grocery giant Unilever highlights the need for a proper strategy for leaving the EU, said Newcastle North MP Catherine McKinnell.
It’s a result of the British Pound Sterling currency falling in value after the Brexit vote.
A weak Pound means goods imported into the UK effectively become more expensive. Shops then have a choice between accepting a cut in their profits or passing the extra cost on... read more
- 10:40 Missing mother could be potential murder witness
- 10:39 Hull City woeful in defeat to Stoke City - the player ratings
- 10:39 Police officer killed, 10 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey -...
- 10:39 Shane Sutton: Nothing to hide for Brailsford, Wiggins or British...
- 10:38 Stand-off between man with ‘hazardous items’ and police in Northolt...
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...
- 10:18 Ukip leadership: Shrewsbury's Suzanne Evans announces bid to...
- 10:18 Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- 10:17 US election: Clinton says she will focus on issues, not Trump
- 10:17 Watch historical Sneinton change through the ages
- 10:17 23 more people who have been dodging tram fares