'Marky can finally rest in peace' say family after Stockton Council u-turn in grave row
Katie Lunn The family of a young dad have won their battle to stop part of his grave being removed.
Stockton Council have made a u-turn after previously demanding that Mark ‘Marky’ Rayner’s graveside kerb be removed within 28 days.
But the council has now backed down after over 1,000 supporters signed a petition calling the grave to be left undisturbed.
“We are all so very happy that my beautiful big brother can finally rest in peace,” said his sister Stacey Dull, 32, who started the petition.
“We got the outcome we wanted.”
Popular 33-year-old ‘Marky’ died last year as he awaited the birth... read more
- 08:33 Trump in Twitter spat with grieving war widow pregnant with slain...
- 08:32 Police seek vandal over attack on ambulance in Sheffield
- 08:30 Serious accident closes road in both directions off A57
- 08:29 Owner of Preston's 1842 bar insists venue is not closing
- 08:29 Powerhouse chief’s praise for Lancashire
- 08:28 Schoolboys mimed sex acts on black pupils and shouted about...
- 08:28 'I was afraid to go out on street' - Midland slavery victim
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:28 Man Utd news: Ryan Giggs makes bold Man City title prediction
- 08:27 Neymar slams Marseille fans for throwing ‘baguettes’ at him during...
- 08:27 Missing Barrow man found safe and well
- 08:27 Leader comment: Football exposes children to hate
- 08:27 Maureen Dowd: Carter lusts for Trump posting
- 08:26 Lune Valley family farm saved by ‘hipster coffee drinkers’
- 08:25 Staggering rise of hate crime reports in Hull and East Yorkshire
- 08:24 Soap spoilers: EastEnders reveals a huge announcement
- 08:24 Craig Revel Horwood ‘in agony after delaying hip operation to keep...
- 08:23 Commuters bemused as Merseyrail cancels trains over 'slippery rails'
- 08:23 Teenager left with broken jaw after Bold Street attack
- 08:20 John Bateman to be named at centre for England's World Cup clash...
- 08:20 Richard Madeley loses it amid drink debate: ‘People are sick of...
- 08:19 TOWIE's Gemma Collins to 'sue BBC for negligence' after stage fall...
- 08:17 Coventry city centre sealed off by police - live updates
- 08:17 Calderdale school cash crisis - small sites could be forced to close
- 08:17 National retailer Greenwoods confirms Cumbria store closure plan
- 08:17 Maryport man, 23, dies after High Harrington crash
- 08:17 Avengers Infinity War: ‘Captain Marvel plays a BIG part in closing...
- 08:16 Uncool Britannia: Chain named as 'worst-performing hotel brand' in...
- 08:16 Children on flights take just 49 minutes and 47 seconds to ask 'are...
- 08:16 Is this the most rustic hotel in France? Inside the 16th-century...