MARKET REPORT: Three bidders join battle for £1bn takeover of London private equity firm SVG Capital
The battle for private equity firm SVG Capital intensified last night as Goldman Sachs and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board made a joint offer to buy the business.
SVG said it was urgently examining the bid but did not say how much cash was on the table.
Bidding was kicked off by US rival HarbourVest late last month, but SVG urged shareholders to reject the surprise £1billion proposal and came up with an alternative plan to sell half its portfolio to Pomona Capital and Pantheon Ventures for £379million. Bosses would then wind down the remaining assets.
HarbourVest hit back in a stock... read more
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...
- 10:37 Man dies following head-on crash on the A361 near Daventry
- 10:37 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 Everton FC fans witness Tom Davies' coming of age
- 10:37 ‘I’m allergic to my husband’
- 10:37 'Under Dean Keates there is a team forming' - Wrexham AFC fans give...
- 10:37 Mexico BPM music festival: Reports of shootings in clubs
- 10:37 'Anne Frank link' unearthed at Sobibor camp
- 10:37 Egypt court upholds ruling halting transfer of islands to Saudi Arabia
- 10:37 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:37 Mold Festival of Light is a dazzling success
- 10:36 Inquest into Staffordshire and Derbyshire couple killed in Tunisia...
- 10:36 Netflix customers targeted in phishing scam which aims to steal...
- 10:36 Italy discussing its budget problems with EU - Treasury official
- 10:36 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:35 Arsenal plot shock move to beat Man United and Chelsea to £50m star...
- 10:35 YP Comment: Time to reinvent cones hotline?
- 10:35 Couple on benefits spent £40,000 on their wedding
- 10:35 Fire breaks out in chimney of Scalford house
- 10:34 New neonatal room opens at Victoria hospital