MARKET REPORT: Drug maker Summit Therapeutics shares double on news it won the rights to an exclusive drug
Drug maker Summit Therapeutics added almost £80million to its stock market value after it won the rights to an exclusive drug.
Shares nearly doubled in their best day since 2009, after it revealed it was teaming up with US rival Sarepta Therapeutics to develop and market a specialist drug in Europe.
The licence allows the AIM-listed company to sell an experimental treatment for muscle wasting disease Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The fatal illness typically emerges in boyhood, causing weakness in the arms and legs and eventually the lungs and heart.
The new drug is designed to increase... read more
- 13:03 Livingston boxer Martin Taylor signs deal with MTK Scotland
- 13:02 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 13:02 When should you put your Christmas tree up?
- 13:01 What are the signs that a child might be a victim of abuse? What to...
- 13:01 Labour’s ‘cringe’ WhatsApp group backfires on 2017 Budget
- 13:00 Is controversial Vance Miller the businessman behind Furniture at...
- 12:59 Liverpool spark Jurgen Klopp and Jordan Henderson fears after...
- 12:59 Ashes: Graeme Swann reveals England tactical change to give them...
- 12:59 Cristiano Ronaldo identifies the 'rotten apple' at Real Madrid and...
- 12:59 Man arrested on terrorism offences following raid in Nelson
- 12:58 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 12:57 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 12:57 When is the shortest day and what does winter solstice mean?
- 12:57 Homework was a big part of PNE's win says Alex Neil
- 12:56 Cops catch hungry housebreaker asleep on job after he crashed out...
- 12:56 Budget 2017 live: Philip Hammond promises a ‘balanced approach’
- 12:56 UPDATED 12.34pm: Schools closed, roads across Barrow and South...
- 12:56 Bag a Black Friday bargain with Virgin Trains NOW
- 12:56 Lefties are good at fast-paced sports such as tennis and cricket...
- 12:54 This is why your Talktalk Youview box hasn't been recording
- 12:54 Heathrow Airport welcomes back adorable Walsall teddy bears for new...
- 12:54 "It looked better than most games this season." Aston Villa's...
- 12:54 Masked robbers steal ATM cash during ram raid at Halifax in Shirley
- 12:54 This is why Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has aimed an angry blast at...
- 12:54 Video: All the action from the Grantham Journal Business Awards
- 12:54 Hunt for murderer who has absconded from HMP Spring Hill
- 12:53 Watch the Budget 2017 live as Chancellor Philip Hammond announces...
- 12:52 BUDGET 2017 IN BRIEF: The key points of Chancellor Philip Hammond's...
- 12:52 Budget 2017: Philip Hammond outlines 2017 Budget in Parliament
- 12:52 Amazon Black Friday page has offer for pet electric shock mats