MARKET REPORT: Cheering broker sends JD Sports on a good run as sportswear retailer's shares jump 4.3%
Shares in JD Sports sprinted ahead yesterday after analysts at Barclays reiterated their support for the stock.
The sportswear retailer is due to report its first-half results in less than two weeks.
Barclays said the stock had been 'a rollercoaster ride' so far this year, climbing 19 per cent between the end of March and May only to fall more than 30 per cent since then.
Investors are concerned about the effects of a weaker pound on the firm's margins and competition from Amazon's partnership with Nike.
But Barclays said the risks were 'exaggerated' and that the company looked well... read more
- 09:32 Budget for hi-tech Britain: Chancellor vows to put driverless cars...
- 09:32 Facebook admits it was targeted by Russian trolls in run-up to...
- 09:32 They don't make them like they used to! The tumble dryer, boiler,...
- 09:32 New documentary investigates whether mysterious shipwreck which...
- 09:32 'I’ll never use a carrier bag again': Emotional Blue Planet viewers...
- 09:32 Girls' school head warns of rise of the 'screenager': Teacher says...
- 09:32 Alarming rise in number of looked-after children and homeless people
- 09:32 Motorists warned to slow down to stop collisions which can cost lives
- 09:32 The art of science: Stunning photographs reveal the beauty hidden...
- 09:32 Deadly earthquakes could hit a BILLION people next year because of...
- 09:32 Cyber criminals working for enemy states could 'kill millions' by...
- 09:32 Budget: 90 MPs demand action over social care and health service...
- 09:32 Caring School pupils feed 240 through Doncaster foodbank
- 09:32 Long delays on A16 at Kirton after crash
- 09:31 Hall’s ruby anniversary marked by ’60s party
- 09:31 Get the festive spirit!
- 09:29 New sculptures bring a fresh new look to nature reserve
- 09:29 Injury forces Robert to hang up his boots
- 09:27 Parents urgently warned over consequences of alienating children...
- 09:27 BiFab nearly went into administration three times in a week
- 09:25 The Ashes 2017 guide: fixtures, betting odds and how to watch on TV
- 09:23 Appeal for information after assault in Rugby
- 09:23 Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna dies aged 49 after a long...
- 09:23 Spire shares hit as takeover talks end
- 09:22 Caring School pupils feed 240 through Doncaster foodbank
- 09:22 Teenage girl approached by stranger in Sheffield street
- 09:22 Felix joins appeal to catch cruel lego thieves
- 09:22 Carl Baker reveals Coventry City missed out on highly-rated India...
- 09:21 'Crazy' pair spotted clinging to bus
- 09:21 Harry Styles to perform at Victoria's Secret fashion show