Market conditions 'too uncertain' for UK's biggest gym chain
Despite claiming healthy interest from investors after announcing its IPO (initial public offering) plans last month, the UK’s biggest gym operator said market conditions were too uncertain.
The pound’s slide continued yesterday with a further 1.7 per cent against the US dollar, although this helped propel the FTSE 100 Index to a record intra-day high because many of its multinational constituents benefit from generating their revenue in the US currency.
But shares in rival chain Gym Group have fallen by about 20 per cent over the past month and are trading below last November’s 195p float... read more
- 11:13 Force India to unveil 2017 car today - and it's going to be a lot...
- 11:12 Escaped murderer Shaun Walmsley manhunt live: updates on search for...
- 11:12 Jo Cox’s husband calls for ‘massive party to show our unity’
- 11:12 Sergio Aguero promises Pep Guardiola he will make the sacrifice Man...
- 11:12 Matt Smith talks Man City's Youth Cup strength and 'amazing' first...
- 11:11 Keegan Downer: Murdered toddler 'invisible to professionals'
- 11:11 When Hebrideans were offered a new start in Norway
- 11:10 People are now getting freckles tattooed on their faces
- 11:10 Jamie Foxx 'target of racial slur' in Croatian restaurant
- 11:10 Fergus Ewing repeats warning over ticking Brexit clock
- 11:09 Court round-up: The latest cases from the region's courts
- 11:10 Royal Navy recruit from South Shields sails through first training...
- 11:09 VIDEO: Polish supermarket Tradycja opens up in Hanley
- 11:09 VIDEO: Peek inside Yates in Newcastle after £390k refurbishment
- 11:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan can go, Nzonzi is...
- 11:09 VIDEO: British Gas distribution hub hailed as its ‘jewel in the crown’
- 11:09 Musical ‘craze’ that didn’t die
- 11:08 Grandmother's desperate battle to stop Pit Bull killing her beloved...
- 11:07 Two men suffered head injuries following incident outside...
- 11:07 Fewest Londoners moving house since 1991, reports CML
- 11:07 Majority pay up as litter campaign still a priority
- 11:07 Hunters who accidentally shot one another blamed illegal immigrants
- 11:07 Scientists find the one key sign that you might be a really...
- 11:07 Mum who vomits up to 15 times an hour says rare illness has ruined...
- 11:06 Great entertainers: Which clubs have won the most Premier League...
- 11:06 Police release CCTV images after man attacked boy, 14, at bus stop
- 11:06 The best Easter egg in Britain is apparently a £15 one from Tesco
- 11:05 Chelsea will learn if they’ve landed Sead Kolasinac ‘soon’ says agent
- 11:04 Kodi: What's legal and what isn't
- 11:04 Hate crime victims urged to contact South Yorkshire Police