Mark Wood faces doubts over England future after being ruled out of Bangladesh tour with ankle injury
Mark Wood is facing a fresh question mark over his international future after being ruled out of England’s tour of Bangladesh because of his troublesome left ankle.
Wood, who last played Test cricket in October 2015 and has already undergone two operations on the joint, joined Jimmy Anderson in pulling out of the tour, and is now a doubt for the five-Test series starting in India on November 9.
Medical staff are still trying to work out what causes Wood pain at the back of his ankle when he bowls, and do not want to risk further damage during the relatively low-key visit to Bangladesh.... read more
- 17:13 Reports from the court
- 17:13 Clear space on your dressing table – RuPaul is releasing a...
- 17:10 Leeds's Turtle Bay allowed to trade later despite police concerns
- 17:10 Emergency fix after cable fault in Spalding
- 17:10 MEP urges support for PM as she negotiates Brexit
- 17:09 Explore art after hours with Museums at Night
- 17:09 The 13 most annoying things about living in Great Barr
- 17:09 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:08 Borough Park burglars blasted by Workington Reds' joint-chairman
- 17:08 Melton Year 6 pupils at Swallowdale School pitch in to move bus...
- 17:07 Liverpool v Roma: Fan favourite John Arne Riise makes worrying...
- 17:07 Uppingham Hopper bus service all set to roll next week
- 17:07 Lincolnshire Police reveals upsurge in assualts on officers
- 17:06 Thomas Orchard custody death: Police force charged
- 17:06 Motorcyclist seriously injured after crash with car near Rugby
- 17:04 Scottish Government opens hub in Berlin to boost business links
- 17:04 Former member of Northamptonshire's Jesus Army member jailed for...
- 17:03 Former carer repeatedly stole from from vulnerable Leamington woman
- 17:03 Nicky helps champ break Boxercise world record
- 17:03 Jeff Bezos v the world: why all companies fear 'death by Amazon'
- 17:03 Cyber crime officers to be recruited in West Yorkshire
- 17:02 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:02 Toronto man charged in 'horrific' van attack that killed 10 people
- 17:02 Trump dismisses query about Michael Cohen pardon with two words:...
- 17:02 Cambridge Analytica: five key claims by academic at heart of scandal
- 17:01 Your Whitby Gazette now at another new peak
- 17:01 William Friedkin: 'You don’t know a damn thing, and neither do I'
- 17:01 Love Island’s Marcel Somerville and Gabby Allen ‘on the verge of...
- 16:59 Adorable family of deer spotted on public park in Walsall - and...
- 16:58 Ucas orders inquiry into 'racial profiling' of UK students