Maria Sharapova has drug ban reduced to 15 months and could feature at Wimbledon next summer
Maria Sharapova has had her two-year doping ban reduced to 15 months by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
The five-time Grand Slam winner was banned by the International Tennis Federation after testing positive for the drug meldonium at the Australian Open earlier this year.
Sharapova revealed that she had been taking the drug since 2006 for health problems. However, it was added to the list of banned substances at the turn of the year and Sharapova was found to have had it in her system at the first Grand Slam of 2016.
In June the ITF ruled that the Russian athlete was ‘the sole... read more
- 14:56 Boys, 15, guilty of Columbine-style school shooting plot
- 14:56 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:56 Society set for scenic spectacular
- 14:56 Donald Trump cancels historic summit with North Korean leader...
- 14:56 Camilla Parker Bowles reveals the Royal Family were worried over...
- 14:55 Champions League final: Liverpool stars snapped boarding plane to Kiev
- 14:55 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:54 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:54 Children had more chances under Thatcher than Sturgeon, claim
- 14:54 Louts drinking and climbing on roof at former school site
- 14:54 A proud day for Boulmer as base celebrates Freedom of the City
- 14:53 'Bad trip': air force members guarding nuclear missiles took LSD,...
- 14:53 Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- 14:53 'I love you Mum': more tributes paid on day four of Grenfell inquiry
- 14:52 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:52 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week
- 14:52 Special rail summit planned after 'dreadful' performance of Northern
- 14:52 Motorists take care to avoid family of geese walking Barrow's streets
- 14:52 Barrow man cleared of Samurai sword charge
- 14:51 Trump: NFL kneelers 'maybe shouldn't be in country'
- 14:49 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:49 ‘I’ve been screaming from the rooftops that I need help’
- 14:49 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:49 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:49 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:48 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:48 Bank Holiday car maintenance tips
- 14:48 North Cumbria's health system to lead the way in joining up care
- 14:48 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:48 Pupils have buried a time capsule in the grounds of Gainsborough’s...