MAPPED: Where in the world an extra BILLION people will live by 2030
Scientists predict that the population will grow to a stonking eight billion in just 15 years.
Researchers predict the Earth’s expanding population is likely to hit Asian and African countries, which are already very heavily populated.
So two American researchers have now released a map, which sets out where in the world one billion people could live.
They ruled out places in the world that have high stress land covered with ice and place with species that need protecting.
However, large areas of central Africa with lots of resources came out on top, as well as South America, boasting a... read more
- 09:40 Speeding offences in England and Wales at a record high: Nearly...
- 09:36 Real Madrid transfer news: Leonardo Bonucci could be sold by...
- 09:35 Try not to squirm while you watch a barber shaving the inside of...
- 09:34 Ice and flood warnings issued for Cumbria today
- 09:33 Music review: The Killers
- 09:33 Music review: Pussy Riot
- 09:33 Music review: Deep Purple/Europe
- 09:33 Music review: Hebrides Ensemble & Meow Meow: Restless Love
- 09:33 Music review: Queens of the Stone Age
- 09:33 Theatre review: The Weir Sisters | Dance review: Tango Moderno
- 09:33 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:32 Warning: we could be set for measles outbreak
- 09:31 This house with a garden INSIDE could be yours - for £3.2million
- 09:31 Road closed because of ice as widespread frost hits region
- 09:30 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:28 Here's why Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson is hoping to...
- 09:28 Snow and ice causing problems on the roads - updates
- 09:24 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 Louth man pleads not guilty to sexual assault
- 09:21 Jamie Robson is cheering pal John on with both head and heart
- 09:21 Jamie Robson realises playing well for Dundee United is best way to...
- 09:21 Big selection headache for Arbroath boss Dick Campbell ahead of...
- 09:21 East Fife boss has a nice selection headache
- 09:21 Chance for Cowdenbeath to climb off the bottom of the table
- 09:21 Darren Dods has seen an attacking change in Dundee United
- 09:21 Raith boss Barry Smith looking for some home comfort against...
- 09:21 Fraser Aird wants another eye-catching display for Dunfermline
- 09:21 Forfar looking to bounce back from Scottish Cup low
- 09:21 Montrose boss Stewart Petrie hopes team will take confidence from...