Many Scots ‘two pay packets from losing home’
About a third of Scots believe they or someone they know could experience homelessness, research has revealed.
The study from charity Street Soccer Scotland, which examined social attitudes to homelessness, showed 41 per cent of people believe if they lost their job they would struggle to pay their rent or mortgage within two months.
A quarter of people said either they or someone they know had already experienced homelessness.
David Duke, the charity’s founder and chief executive, was homeless for three years. He said the “shocking” statistics showed homelessness could happen to anyone and... read more
- 15:08 German wage STAGNATION: EU immigration to blame for low level, top...
- 15:08 Smuggling gang SMASHED after years of bringing Iraq migrants to UK...
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle announces names baby boy Chester Raymond Beadle McVey...
- 15:07 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:07 Derby County midfielder George Thorne expresses delight at signing...
- 15:06 South Kesteven councillor calls for abolition of county council
- 15:06 Grants to help Wyre youngsters develop skills
- 15:06 Council's unanimous opposition to rural fracking bid
- 15:06 South Shields woman claimed drugs were sweets after smuggling them...
- 15:05 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:05 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:05 Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge
- 15:05 Northants Police issue doorstep crime warning after high winds
- 15:05 High Tides - January 20 to January 27
- 15:04 Survey reveals concerns of hearing loss in the workplace
- 15:04 Wigan beer figures speak out against industry sexism
- 15:04 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:04 SNP rejects claims of ‘Trump-like’ party political broadcast
- 15:04 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:04 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:03 Police investigating sexual assault in Carlisle
- 15:01 US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- 15:01 Jose Mourinho: Alexis Sanchez transfer ‘not done at all’
- 15:01 Police cordon off alleyway in Nottingham's Station Street
- 15:01 PNE in Numbers: Play-off push built on solid foundations
- 15:00 Pep Guardiola congratulates Alexis Sanchez on imminent Manchester...
- 14:59 Care home awarded top score by council in food hygiene review
- 14:59 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Pep Guardiola congratulates rivals on...
- 14:58 Jose Mourinho hints he is ready to sign new contract at...
- 14:58 Height of Trump’s Mexico border wall make it near-impossible to...