Manslaughter charges brought over Cheeki Rafiki yacht deaths
The 40ft yacht lost its keel more than 700 miles from Nova Scotia as the crew were returning it from Antigua to the UK in May 2014.
On board were skipper Andrew Bridge, 22, from Farnham in Surrey, as well as crew members Steve Warren, 52, and Paul Goslin, 56, both from Somerset, and James Male, 23, from Southampton.
The US Coastguard was criticised for calling off its search after two days but after protests from family and friends and an intervention by the British Government, the search was re-started and the boat found - but without any sign of the four men.
Now the Maritime and... read more
- 14:44 Watch Saturday Night Live’s musical sketch tribute to Barack Obama
- 14:44 Caught in queues in London Road this morning? Here's why
- 14:43 AMERICA’S BREXIT? New bill could pull US out of UN in funding row
- 14:43 Ethiopian crushed to death in Calais – but police REFUSE to accept...
- 14:43 Classic 1973 Range Rover that travelled through AFRICA goes on sale
- 14:43 WATCH: Young girl, 7, pens heartfelt open letter to Prime Minister...
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests
- 14:38 LIVE: Coastguard helicopter responds to 'ongoing incident' in...
- 14:38 Town’s oldest building to be saved from possible collapse
- 14:38 Jurgen Klopp: How injury to star man hit Liverpool players
- 14:38 Has Jurgen Klopp just given up on Liverpool winning the title?
- 14:38 Perplexed by your pension? You're not alone - we lift the lid on...
- 14:37 Changes over time give tower surrealistic feel
- 14:37 Civic Society marks 40 years
- 14:36 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:36 YP Letters: Teachers must be equipped to be resilient for pupils’ sake
- 14:36 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:34 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:34 Ladies College choir on song for national contest
- 14:34 Leeds Bradford Airport boosts New York flights roster