Manchester United to introduce away ticket exchange after being branded a 'disgrace' for banning fan who missed one game through illness
Manchester United will introduce an away ticket exchange next year to eradicate red-tape problems fans have endured in recent seasons.
The news comes after one supporter, Graeme Clarke, was handed a 12-month ban from applying for away games after failure to attend their 1-0 win at Hull City in August.
United were branded a ‘disgrace’ for imposing the ban but maintain that sanction would not have taken hold had he informed the club of his illness.
His ban will continue but United officials - who are wary of touts - are moving to smooth over difficulties with away allocations.
Fans who cannot... read more
- 21:17 Jupiter becomes a massive smiley face in one of the last images...
- 21:17 How long should you let your kids go online for? Experts reveal...
- 21:14 Is Wonder Woman qualified to be a UN ambassador?
- 21:14 At least 53 dead after overloaded train derails in Cameroon
- 21:12 Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- 21:07 Scales of Justice: Harassment, criminal damage and assault
- 21:05 Former Royal Navy seaman jailed for exposing himself to women on buses
- 21:05 Watch Facebook pervert get snared by Dark Justice as he turn up to...
- 21:04 Chester's Northgate Arena shows it has solar flare
- 21:04 Walton Centre is named one of the best hospitals in the country
- 21:00 Toddler rushed to hospital with fractured skull after falling down...
- 20:59 Trafford Centre shoppers love 'John at The Orient' so much they...
- 20:58 Mòd set for Inverness in 2020 as it draws to a close in Western Isles
- 20:57 Speculators lift U.S. dollar bets to highest since late January...
- 20:52 U.N. appoints Wonder Woman as honorary ambassador amid outcry
- 20:44 Peru's wealthy president mocked for complaining about salary
- 20:42 PayPal says some customers unable to make payments due to cyber...
- 20:42 Aldi shoppers are warned to avoid Facebook voucher scam which could...
- 20:42 Two-wheel drive: China tech giants bet on 'Uber for bikes' in hunt...
- 20:42 New York governor approves new regulations on Airbnb
- 20:35 New signing frustrated at Arsenal: I expected more of a starring role
- 20:33 Cheeky eBay user wants you to make him a millionaire - by buying...
- 20:28 Men bailed after dog found buried alive near Redcar with nail...
- 20:26 Invest in farmers to curb migration to urban slums, cities told
- 20:25 Clash over festive trees
- 20:25 Snapped: Liverpool star attempts to beef up as he looks to get back...
- 20:25 Four fire engines sent out to incident in Stone Lane, Chesterfield
- 20:24 Mexico missing students: Ex-police chief in Iguala arrested
- 20:22 Man United injury woes: Ace set for lengthy stint on the sidelines
- 20:22 Kyle Edmund defeats Andreas Seppi to clinch semi-final spot