Manchester United to introduce away ticket exchange after being branded a 'disgrace' for banning fan who missed one game through illness
Manchester United will introduce an away ticket exchange next year to eradicate red-tape problems fans have endured in recent seasons.
The news comes after one supporter, Graeme Clarke, was handed a 12-month ban from applying for away games after failure to attend their 1-0 win at Hull City in August.
United were branded a ‘disgrace’ for imposing the ban but maintain that sanction would not have taken hold had he informed the club of his illness.
His ban will continue but United officials - who are wary of touts - are moving to smooth over difficulties with away allocations.
Fans who cannot... read more
- 07:45 Have your say on plan shaping Scunthorpe's development for next 19...
- 07:45 Scunthorpe's Grand Old Buildings - town's oldest school set up by...
- 07:45 Mock The Week star will not be holding back!
- 07:45 'Scunthorpe problem' causing issues elsewhere in the UK
- 07:45 Named and shamed: ONE-STAR food hygeine ratings for two North...
- 07:45 Man pleads guilty to two sexual assaults
- 07:45 Dismissed steelman calls for police probe
- 07:45 Angry rescuers slam poor planning
- 07:40 No Hard Knock Life for Annie and her crew
- 07:33 Ian McCall slams 'awful' Ayr United performance as they crash to St...
- 07:33 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:32 Barcelona willing to offer Real Madrid this star to keep Lionel...
- 07:32 Manchester United star snubbed transfer because of his country
- 07:29 Antoine Griezmann tells Paul Pogba: I see myself at Manchester United
- 07:29 Manchester United's EFL Cup final wildcard could be a man Jose...
- 07:26 Former soldier brandished gun and threatened to shoot teenager at...
- 07:22 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: February 26
- 07:19 EastEnders villain 'Nasty' Nick Cotton comes to Huddersfield for...
- 07:19 EXCLUSIVE: Southampton should exploit this Man United weak link -...
- 07:19 Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet: What I did after Jurgen Klopp...
- 07:15 Australia and Indonesia restore full military ties
- 07:13 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:12 Tortoises rescued from smugglers make their Chester Zoo debut
- 07:11 Three arrested after police pursuit across counties
- 07:11 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:10 Manchester United star: I want to sign a new deal
- 07:10 Arsenal staff reveal Alexis Sanchez will leave Gunners in the summer
- 07:06 DFS Trading Limited fined £1m after worker suffered serious...
- 07:06 Chef cooks up a veggie treat
- 07:04 Carl Bridgewater murder: Bert Spencer welcomes new police review of...