Manchester United's Wayne Rooney tired of having position questioned
Wayne Rooney insists he has never picked himself in a team as he gets ready to captain England under their latest manager.
Sam Allardyce caused a stir after his one international in charge of the Three Lions when he claimed that he could not define where the Manchester United captain should be on the pitch.
The 30-year-old's position in the XI has been the subject of confusion this year; he appeared to be embracing a new role in midfield for club and country but Jose Mourinho abruptly put an end to that when he arrived at Old Trafford .
Asked where he thought he would feature under Gareth... read more
- 00:07 Powder which sparked major operation in Moray was sent from a...
- 00:05 Japan: Abe ‘lied’ about bungs to fascist school, says head
- 00:05 Ukraine: Putin critic who fled to Kiev ‘killed by Moscow’
- 00:05 Afghanistan: Taliban fighters take key part of Helmand
- 00:05 44 Scotland Street: Waiting for Godot
- 00:05 Praise for public service heroes’ terror response
- 00:05 State-owned banks turn backs on public
- 00:05 Britain ‘in relegation zone’ for new mums
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies
- 00:01 Don't Give Way To Hate
- 00:01 Thousands bid farewell to Martin McGuinness
- 00:01 Chile: 33 Pinochet agents jailed for communist deaths
- 00:01 US: Black politicians raise concerns with Trump face-to-face
- 00:01 Faith leaders label outrage ‘a perversion of Islam’
- 00:01 Mini workers plan another demo to save retirements
- 00:01 Contestants finally leave Channel 4’s Eden to discover show has...
- 00:01 Knowledge of family justice rules is ‘patchy’