Manchester United hope to install a ring of steel around their Aon Training Complex amid ongoing terror threat
Manchester United are to reinforce their training ground, in the wake of the ongoing terror threat.
The club have applied for planning permission to effectively install a ring of steel around the Aon Training Complex.
New gates, barriers and bollards – aimed at preventing unauthorised vehicles or persons get close to where Jose Mourinho puts his players through their paces – have been ordered as United look to beef up security at their Carrington base.
The move comes after the terror attack on Manchester Arena in May, in which 23 people died and hundreds more were injured when a suicide... read more
- 13:11 ‘New California’ declares independence to become 51st US state
- 13:09 Sir Desmond Swayne 'embarrassed' by Commons snooze
- 13:09 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:09 Quiz: How much of a Stormzy fan are you?
- 13:09 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:09 Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough...
- 13:09 Floyd Mayweather rides a horse on the beach as boxing legend...
- 13:09 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:09 Farewell to Ronaldinho, the first YouTube footballer: From...
- 13:08 Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump's cognitive test?
- 13:08 Freedom of Hull given to city-born legendary actor Sir Tom Courtenay
- 13:07 More gales, rain and snow heading our way with Storm Georgina
- 13:07 Councillor to hear from constituents
- 13:07 Leeds United aim to rediscover their goal touch
- 13:07 Syrian refugees arrive in Leeds to be resettled across Yorkshire
- 13:07 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:06 Alexis Sanchez Man Utd deal: Why Man City cooled interest in...
- 13:06 VIDEO: Watch gritters battling to keep North Yorkshire's highest...
- 13:06 Sharon inspires people to get out of debt
- 13:05 Man in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked in Runcorn
- 13:04 ‘Cynical’ decision by Derbyshire County Council to cut centre’s...
- 13:04 Former Facebook executive says the company is a 'living, breathing...
- 13:04 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:04 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:04 Fears of an attack with weapons of mass destruction tops list of...
- 13:04 Road closed after man is seriously injured in collision with car
- 13:04 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:03 Whisky distilleries on the rise in England and Wales
- 13:03 What is Tether? The only cryptocurrency RISING as bitcoin, Ripple...
- 13:03 Deepwater Horizon oil spill bill puts BP in deeper water