Manchester United boss Mourinho reacts to Giggs' claims over Rooney confusion
Jose Mourinho has hit back at Ryan Giggs' suggestion that the Manchester United boss has helped to confuse Wayne Rooney.
When Mourinho took over at Old Trafford in the summer he said Rooney would be employed as a striker again.
“Players change during the years of course, their qualities change, so it is normal that a player at his age changes a little bit,” said the Reds' manager in the summer.
“However, something that will never change is the natural appetite to put the ball in the net. Maybe he is not a striker any more, but he will never be a No.6 for me, he will never be someone playing... read more
- 07:22 Tour de Yorkshire 2017: Photos and videos from Stage 3
- 07:21 Council starts fining people £100 for walking more than four dogs...
- 07:21 Jamie Redknapp: Antonio Conte is lucky to have this Chelsea duo
- 07:20 Broken-down tram causing delays to all services
- 07:20 DRIVER ALERT: Mobile speed camera sites across North Lincolnshire...
- 07:20 HS2 launch £2.75 billion contract to design trains for the project
- 07:20 A new way to help out rescue dogs in North Lincolnshire
- 07:20 North Lincolnshire band celebrate being crowned champions
- 07:20 Parents of six-year-old boy in fundraising plea
- 07:18 Warning to 'look while you cook' after serious fire in Shobnall...
- 07:18 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:17 Birmingham City digest: Harry Redknapp's future; Friendly...
- 07:17 Aston Villa digest: January signings rated; Celtic goalkeeper...
- 07:16 Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over Lose Yourself
- 07:14 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:14 Matthew Bates confident Hartlepool United can beat Doncaster Rovers
- 07:13 Barcelona target two Premier League clubs in massive summer raid
- 07:13 What you can do if your neighbour smokes cannabis?
- 07:13 Heartbreak of Josh Fell's parents on what should have been his 21st...
- 07:13 Prom memories from Winifred Holtby school: Are you pictured?
- 07:13 77 pictures that sum up a nineties night out in Hull
- 07:13 Exeter Chiefs 36 Northampton Saints 12: Tom Vickers' review and...
- 07:13 Wakefield gallery’s chance of £100,000 prize in prestigious art...
- 07:11 Man United News: Two-year contract offer, Ibrahimovic hint,...
- 07:06 British Superbikes: Shane Byrne clinches pole position at Oulton...
- 07:06 Arsene Wenger praises Arsenal star despite loss to Tottenham
- 07:05 Teenage thugs spared jail for vicious gang attack on cyclist in Derby
- 07:02 The Euro ballroom scene: when voguing came to town
- 07:02 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:01 Arsenal star admits he's fuming after loss to Tottenham