Manchester International Festival wants homes to stage 'micro' festivals
Manchester residents are being asked to open their doors to host "micro" offshoots of the Manchester International Festival in their homes.
The biennial arts festival is known for staging world premieres with stars like Sir Kenneth Branagh and Maxine Peake.
The new project, titled Festival In My House, will see artists, performers and audiences invited into ordinary homes.
Residents can come up with ideas for shows they would like to stage and one such event will take place every month.
"It could involve flying somebody in to do the headline act in their living room,"... read more
- 13:56 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 13:56 Did robbery victim bang on your car window?
- 13:56 Stockport County v Tamworth: Players and fans are urged to believe
- 13:55 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 13:54 Westminster terror attack: Police make two more 'significant' arrests
- 13:54 Woman robbed by man holding a jagged metal can
- 13:53 Syrian SDF forces reach Tabqa dam-Raqqa campaign spokeswoman
- 13:53 Syria's Ja'afari says U.S. action on Raqqa would be illegitimate
- 13:53 Flowers for fallen hero
- 13:53 Watch: Slideshow of your Hartlepool Red Nose Day pictures.
- 13:53 Aberdeen legend Mark McGhee hailed by Minecraft guru after creating...
- 13:52 Redrow Homes loses bid to build 170 homes in Newport
- 13:52 Did robbery victim bang on your car window?
- 13:52 Fancy a free Domino's pizza this weekend? Here's how you can get one
- 13:52 Warning: Pupils urged not to approach 2 men in white van near...
- 13:51 Iceland owner ditches London market move over Brexit
- 13:51 Children's charity praises victim who came forward decade after...
- 13:50 Video: Do you recognise burglars who targeted Hull business?
- 13:50 Brexit: What would 'no deal' look like?
- 13:49 Westminster terror attack: Police make two more 'significant' arrests
- 13:47 DRAMATIC DASHCAM VIDEO: Sheffield man shocked at road rage...
- 13:47 BREAKING: Sheffield murder victim named as young dad
- 13:47 Britain ‘will be hotter than Madrid’ this weekend
- 13:47 UAE says surprised by U.S. laptop ban but will cooperate
- 13:46 REVEALED: The East Midlands’ favourite beauty spots
- 13:45 Shaun Walmsley hunt sees three arrested
- 13:45 ‘Say cheese!’ - this one is supporting Skegness Carnival
- 13:45 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 13:44 Music review: Edwyn Collins at the 6 Music Festival
- 13:44 Pakistani parents agony after their daughter is born with her heart...