Manchester has highest number of pubs and bars per head in region
Manchester is your best bet if you’re looking for somewhere to get a drink.
The area had 1,279 licences that include provisions for alcohol to be consumed on the premises at March 31, 2016, a rate of 2.4 per 1,000 people living in the area, above the England and Wales rate and the highest rate in Greater Manchester.
Salford and Bolton may be the hardest places to find a drink, with 1.3 premises per 1,000 people, or 310 and 359 licences respectively.
The City of London is the area in England and Wales with the most premises licensed for on sales with 88 per 1,000 people. This is likely due... read more
- 12:57 Airport passengers will be able to bag a pasty from new look Greggs
- 12:57 Jail threat for Selston man who grew drugs to pay off debt to mum
- 12:56 Here’s how to tell if you’re Vitamin D deficient
- 12:55 Jail threat for Selston man who grew drugs to pay off debt to mum
- 12:55 Everybody has noticed that Nadia Sawalha keeps wearing the same top...
- 12:55 Rare autograph book emerges giving an insight into Melton’s role in...
- 12:54 Rutland Osprey Project volunteers due to fly back from Gambia today...
- 12:53 Man dies as car overturns in late night collision
- 12:53 Beware! This rainbow emoji text can CRASH any iPhone: Here's how to...
- 12:53 Fraud is most common crime, with one in 10 falling victim
- 12:53 Airport passengers will be able to bag a pasty from new look Greggs
- 12:53 Have UFOs been spotted in Malaysia? Bizarre video shows two white...
- 12:53 Could YOU survive 8 months in a tiny dome with five over people?...
- 12:53 European Central Bank keeps key interest rate on hold
- 12:53 “I reign in Jeanie’s Bosom!” - the new book celebrating Robert...
- 12:52 UPDATE: Woman seriously injured after multi-vehicle crash on M1
- 12:52 Jail threat for Selston man who grew drugs to pay off debt to mum
- 12:51 This girl managed to get through an entire Tinder conversation by...
- 12:51 Julian Assange BACKTRACKS on vow to face US justice after Chelsea...
- 12:51 Liverpool will lose this star man in the summer, reveals former...
- 12:51 Ceilidh event at Wragby for hospice funds
- 12:51 Murder investigation launched after baby death
- 12:51 Two Long Eaton restaurants to merge to become 'new and exciting'...
- 12:51 Man charged over knifepoint robbery at Co-op last summer
- 12:51 How did your child’s school fare in GCSE tables?
- 12:50 Proud West Notts College hailed as champion of LGBT diversity
- 12:49 Engineers called out after residents left without gas in Oundle
- 12:49 Which feathered friends are visiting your garden?
- 12:49 Controversial Butterley Spillway scheme up for regional award
- 12:49 Sir Patrick Stewart to voice the poo in the Emoji Movie