Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero declares himself fit for Argentina after injury scare
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero declared himself fit to play for Argentina on Tuesday after limping out of training in a worrying injury scare.
City’s leading scorer, who was forced off in the 73rd minute of Thursday’s 2-2 draw in Peru with a calf problem, looked to be struggling with the same issue during an earlier training session.
However, the 28-year-old has insisted he is ready to play against Paraguay on Tuesday night despite upcoming fixtures in the Premier League against Everton and the crucial Champions League trip to Barcelona
‘You always want to play in the national team... read more
- 08:41 Two Barrow teenagers banned from football for five years after...
- 08:41 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:41 Oscar nominee Isabelle Huppert 'nearly wasn't in Elle'
- 08:41 WW2 veteran fulfils wartime wish by turning 100 surrounded by...
- 08:41 Brian Wilson: Crunch time now for BBC Alba, a Scottish success story
- 08:41 Which pop stars deserve a blue plaque in their honour?
- 08:41 Donald Trump state visit will be debated in Parliament
- 08:41 Column: Decision must be made about college
- 08:40 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 08:40 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:39 Firefighters tackle car blaze near Ludlow
- 08:39 Video: Tadcaster whole again as Archbishop blesses bridge
- 08:39 Celebrate town, but don’t revert to stereotypes
- 08:39 Shooting victim named as Sheffield murder investigation continues
- 08:39 Out-of depth May in thrall to authoritarian Tory right
- 08:38 NHS IN CRISIS: GP numbers in England heading for a ‘cliff edge’
- 08:38 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 08:38 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:38 Cillian Murphy 'nicked' film director's crew for Peaky Blinders
- 08:38 Victim offers reward for recovery of stolen car
- 08:38 Birmingham hotter than Rome as hot air from Caribbean sweeps in
- 08:38 Sheffield shooting latest - what we know so far
- 08:38 Birmingham City Hall of Famer Roger Hynd passes away aged 75
- 08:37 Buying a property is still cheaper than renting but at £705 a month...
- 08:37 Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi: 'Luke wants Rey to kill Kylo Ren' in...
- 08:37 UK builder Bovis posts profit fall, to build fewer homes
- 08:36 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:36 Killers caught on CCTV strolling into McDonald's after stripping...
- 08:36 Horror as dad and son are killed in head-on crash with EACH OTHER
- 08:35 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features