Manchester City’s Ilkay Gundogan on why he rejected Manchester United transfer
Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan admits he turned down a transfer to Manchester United earlier in his career as he felt it wasn’t the time to move.
The Germany international has settled in well at City this summer after a move from Borussia Dortmund, where he’d spent the last five seasons of his career.
Gundogan developed into one of the top midfielders in Europe in his time with Dortmund, and wasn’t ready to rush into an exit when Premier League clubs came calling.
MORE: Harry Redknapp admits he knew about players betting on their own game
MORE: Raging Liverpool fans insists one... read more
- 11:29 Car production drops sharply in April
- 11:29 Legendary Celtic boss Jock Stein hated showboats - watch what...
- 11:28 In their own words - Friends and families pay tribute to the...
- 11:28 West Brom reveal new football kit for 2017/18 season
- 11:27 Gateshead constituency General Election 2017 - parties, candidates...
- 11:27 Arson attack in Kibblesworth village as two vehicles are set on fire
- 11:27 Biggest wooden boat built on the Fylde for decades
- 11:26 Radio 1 Big Weekend 2017 will see armed police and airport-style...
- 11:26 Manchester United played and celebrated in Jose Mourinho's image vs...
- 11:26 Police release CCTV of men they want to speak to after four...
- 11:25 Real Homes: restful riverside haven in Mid Calder
- 11:25 SE Asia Stocks-Higher on Fed caution over pace of rate hikes
- 11:25 U.N. wants investigation into attack on Yemen envoy's convoy
- 11:25 Crowd funding appeal for grieving Leeds family tops £11,000
- 11:25 Kurdish militants kill three Turkish security force members - sources
- 11:25 Funds raised for Whalley bomb blast mother's family
- 11:25 What did the critics make of the Dirty Dancing remake?
- 11:24 Bomb squad called to reports of 'suspicious package' outside Fife...
- 11:24 Italy says working with EU authorities to find solution for Veneto...
- 11:24 Bomb squad called to incident in Hulme
- 11:24 Inside London’s first ever Sugar Baby summit
- 11:24 Dundee United v Hamilton: Their last five meetings
- 11:23 Farmfoods fracas: mother-of-two gives boyfriend's ex a bloody nose
- 11:23 MP calling for ‘urgent’ change as Facebook ‘gets it very wrong’...
- 11:23 Things to do in Birmingham when it's sunny
- 11:23 How your face can tell you if you're hiding a serious health problem
- 11:23 Carlisle man, 60, found guilty of sexual abuse of girl
- 11:23 The over-the-counter medication rules you NEED to know
- 11:23 How this young Birmingham City fan's dream turned into an Aston...
- 11:23 Here's how you can get paid to watch Aston Villa every week