Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle United: Sergio Aguero scores hat-trick as hosts dominate again despite Jacob Murphy strike for the Magpies
The roar that greeted Sergio Aguero’s strike for his hat-trick on 84 minutes was perhaps louder than you might have expected for a routine victory. It was even perhaps tinged with a little relief.
It wasn’t as though City were staggering across the line, nor had they been rattled, as they were by Liverpool last week. They were thoroughly in control of this game.
It was just that Newcastle, having pretty much declined to engage for 66 minutes, in an 18-minute spell before Aguero made it 3-1, were making a game of this. Rafa Benitez had used all his acumen to keep at City at bay. It didn’t... read more
- 07:24 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:23 Mambas, medicine and one girl's race to survive Kenya's biting problem
- 07:23 'A ticket to the next life': the lavish Buddhist dog funerals of...
- 07:23 Real Madrid vs Liverpool: Combined XI of the two clubs ahead of...
- 07:23 Chelsea news: David Luiz wanted by Carlo Ancelotti in first Napoli...
- 07:21 How many litres of water should I drink in a day?
- 07:18 I'm nervous about buying a house – should I go ahead?
- 07:18 Europcar claims I scratched my hire car, but where’s the evidence?
- 07:17 MP stresses the crucial nature of a good rail service for Berwick
- 07:15 Four arrested in Hartlepool following car chase
- 07:14 Carradice leads fight back as Birstall overcome Hopton Mills to...
- 07:14 Twist at top of Premier table as Hanging Heaton suffer first defeat...
- 07:12 Two Barnsley women due in court today accused of murder
- 07:11 Befriending service for the lonely in Northampton plea for urgent...
- 07:10 Dowson delighted to be part of Boyd's Saints setup
- 07:10 Arsenal star Henrikh Mkhitaryan reveals what he hopes Unai Emery...
- 07:10 Thomas reassures Cobblers fans that off-field issues will not...
- 07:10 Poolies have the power to drive Hartlepool United back where they...
- 07:09 Emergency ‘shock’ measures lined up for Scots economy
- 07:06 Man runs 67-mile heart-shaped marathon around Manchester to pay...
- 07:04 Health column: Athletes must look after their brains
- 07:04 IN PICTURES: Buckingham comes together for the royal wedding
- 07:02 Trains disrupted because of car on railway line in Rotherham
- 07:02 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 07:02 Arsenal news: Mikel Arteta eyeing 'new Premier League job' after...
- 07:01 Football team of Northampton man killed in hit-and-run to hold...
- 07:01 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:01 Fears of staffing crisis as GPs ‘can only accept urgent patients’
- 06:59 Leader comment: The Scotsman finds Donald Trump’s perfect golf partner
- 06:58 Dad and daughter team up for 400km charity cycle challenge