Manchester attack: Pre-inquest hearings delayed to 2018
A pre-inquest review hearing into the deaths of the Manchester Arena attack victims has been delayed until 2018.
Twenty-two people died when suicide bomber Salman Abedi detonated a device after an Ariana Grande gig on 22 May.
Manchester Coroner's Office said evidence was still being gathered and it would confirm a new date early next year.
The inquests were opened and adjourned in June with a preliminary hearing set to take place on Friday.
At the opening of the hearings, coroner Nigel Meadows said the November hearing was a holding date dependent on the police investigation.
A separate... read more
- 08:24 Good Morning Britain: Susanna Reid CUTS OFF Remainer Alison...
- 08:23 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE David Silva updates and...
- 08:23 Henrikh Mkhitaryan Manchester United absence explained by Jose...
- 08:23 Man City fans hail David Silva after an incredible performance...
- 08:23 This is when the Met Office weather warning for the West Midlands ENDS
- 08:22 Bodybuilder sexually assaulted girl, 4, then threatened to kill...
- 08:20 Luke Shaw pays tribute to Jose Mourinho after making Premier League...
- 08:19 Sculptures rehomed ahead of top of Leith Walk overhaul
- 08:18 Council moves to ease Berwick’s parking problem
- 08:18 Liverpool to bid for 2022 World Gymnastics Championships
- 08:17 Proposals for new or re-opened railway stations in two Doncaster...
- 08:17 South Yorkshire man jailed for sexually abusing four boys
- 08:17 Police issue warning after hair salon raids in Sheffield
- 08:16 Police helicopter joins Leeds pursuit after cars rammed by vehicle
- 08:15 Leeds news: Whites confirm striker back in training
- 08:15 Newcastle news: Star players Magpies could sign in January after...
- 08:15 Phil Taylor: Darts legends debate whether ‘The Power’ can win final...
- 08:15 Lewis Hamilton: F1 experts explain difference between Mercedes...
- 08:14 Live: Long delays on M1 after crash involving two lorries and a truck
- 08:13 Flamengo 1-1 Independiente (2-3 agg): Argentinian side hold on to...
- 08:13 Barrow man denies driving on A590 without insurance
- 08:13 Harry hits 100 mark for third season in a row
- 08:12 NHS in England told to reveal avoidable deaths data
- 08:12 Gianluigi Donnarumma in tears after being insulted by AC Milan ultras
- 08:11 Devout worshippers flock to see algae that looks a bit like...
- 08:11 Man filmed himself killing 13 cats with blowtorch
- 08:11 Two crashes hit M6 in Cumbria as cold snap continues
- 08:10 Visitor who passed Spice to prisoner at HMP Northumberland joins...
- 08:10 How Greenland would look without its ice sheet
- 08:09 Police helicopter joins Leeds pursuit after cars rammed by vehicle