Manchester Airport celebrates record September - thanks to university freshers
Tens of thousands of freshers flying in to start their studies have helped Manchester Airport record its busiest ever September.
Last month, a whopping 2,671,199 passengers made their way through the terminals taking the annual total for the UK’s third busiest airport to almost 25 million.
International students from across the globe touched down in Manchester, which serves as a gateway for more than 25 universities within a two-hour drive, to start their academic courses.
Ahead of the start of term, representatives from York, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Bangor, Stafford, Liverpool and Keele... read more
- 07:09 Old library to become town arts centre
- 07:09 Entrepreneur shows you how to grow your own veg, without any soil!
- 07:08 Arrogance beggars belief
- 07:08 I liken Terry Palmer to Winston Smith
- 07:07 Man suffers bleed on the brain in attack
- 07:05 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 07:04 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 07:04 Breast isn’t always best, so stop shaming formula mums
- 07:03 Philippines' minister says Duterte agrees with ban on mining in...
- 07:03 Le Pen increases first round lead in French election - poll
- 07:02 ‘District council failed over pool cleanliness’
- 07:01 Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney update, Midfielder transfer...
- 07:01 Kasper Schmeichel plays down heroics to keep Leicester's Champions...
- 07:01 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 07:00 Dialog Semiconductor sees good sales growth in 2017
- 06:59 Who's in charge of Hands Off HRI - and is the money safe? Here's...
- 06:58 BREAKING: Helen Bailey murder - Ian Stewart guilty of killing...
- 06:58 Man wanted over Blackpool attacks
- 06:58 Fylde Tories doubt over county plans
- 06:58 Fast and furious waterpark slides get the thumbs up
- 06:58 Homes plan wins council approval
- 06:58 Donald Trump revokes Obama policy that affected transgender students
- 06:58 Mum’s Corrie delight after acting break
- 06:58 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 06:58 Museum Trust enjoys success with open day
- 06:58 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 06:57 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 06:57 One horse hit by vehicle after ponies run loose on A19
- 06:57 Hartlepool homeowner threatened with court for paving over his...
- 06:57 Extra support for Hartlepool and North Tees midwives