Man who suffered life-threatening burns over 95 per cent of his body has been saved by a skin transplant from his identical twin in a world-first operation
A man who suffered life-threatening burns over 95 per cent of his body has been saved by a skin transplant from his identical twin in a world-first operation.
Known only as Franck, 33, he received skin grafted from his brother Eric's skull, back and thighs.
Franck, who suffered severe injuries in a burns accident at work, was admitted to hospital in September last year and endured around 12 operations over four-and-a-half months.
The operation, which was performed at the Saint-Louis Hospital in Paris, was the first twin-on-twin skin transplant to cover such a large area of the body. ... read more
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 19:48 'We made mistakes' - Facebook's Zuckerberg
- 19:46 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:44 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:42 Indoor bouldering wall to open in Ellesmere Port this summer
- 19:39 Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City prepare transfer battle for Real...
- 19:39 Paul Pogba next club odds: La Liga, Serie A sides among favourites...
- 19:36 Lack of US election auditing raises fears of Russian vote meddling...
- 19:36 EU leaders accused of not protecting citizens’ rights in Brexit deal
- 19:33 Scottish nurses have had to donate sanitary products to patients
- 19:33 Dundee council’s failures ‘allowed’ worker to embezzle £1 million
- 19:33 The Steve Bruce transfers - every Aston Villa transfer deal rated...
- 19:33 'Give him the job!' Birmingham City fans are all saying the same...
- 19:33 Nicolas Sarkozy: French police free ex-president after questioning
- 19:31 HARRY PRATT COLUMN: It’s official - Angry Man Utd fans want Jose...