Man who scared Paula Sherriff’s staff given jail warning
A man who frightened staff in an MP’s constituency office three months before the death of her colleague Jo Cox has been warned he will be jailed if he ever repeats his aggressive behaviour.
Jaseem Saeed, 39, was handed a 12-month community order for affray in relation to his behaviour in the office of Dewsbury and Mirfield’s Labour MP Paula Sherriff.
He became aggressive while asking for help with a passport application in March.
Ms Sherriff’s base is four miles from the constituency office in Birstall, where Mrs Cox was shot and stabbed to death in June.
Saeed admitted the affray charge... read more
- 15:10 Floorball teams and fans have narrow escape as sports hall roof...
- 15:10 Blind disabled woman felt 'utterly trapped' as 'octopus' Rolf...
- 15:10 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:09 AFCON 2017 LIVE: Ivory Coast v Togo as Wilfried Zaha and Co face...
- 15:09 Paul is Hunting for more goals
- 15:09 Exclusive Sean Gregan PNE column
- 15:09 Grayson’s joy at statement win against leaders
- 15:09 ‘UKIP has achieved its purpose’ - councillor leaves party to join...
- 15:08 Coventry City transfers: Former £3.5m QPR capture joins Cardiff...
- 15:08 Our new life in the sun - Coventry couples who moved to France...
- 15:08 Homeless people living in one of London's richest boroughs will NOT...
- 15:06 Frances Bishop on life after The Apprentice
- 15:05 New outdoor gym opens in Mawsley
- 15:05 Thief grabs £40 from man’s wallet in Corby
- 15:05 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:04 Breaking news: Shock resignation of Selston Parish councillors...
- 15:04 Former football coach Barry Bennell pleads not guilty to sexual...
- 15:04 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:03 50 best-selling video games of 2016 revealed
- 15:03 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 15:03 MP welcomes £2.5m fund to repair potholes in Skegness area
- 15:02 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:01 Why cuts to IVF could deny thousands the chance of a family
- 15:01 Ricky Gervais tweeted THIS about Hull - and got quite the backlash...
- 15:00 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?
- 15:00 Leicester road cordoned off by police after suspected hit and run
- 15:00 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 14:59 Little demand for GPs to open on Sundays in Grimsby area
- 14:59 Opening date revealed for new Domino's in Cleethorpes which will...
- 14:59 Closing down sale at Yeomans