Man who kept golden eagle in his squalid kitchen banned from keeping animals for 10 years
A man who kept a golden eagle in a squalid kitchen has been banned from keeping animals for 10 years.
Adam Smith, 54, had the bird of prey in the filthy, rubbish-strewn kitchen of the flat Pembroke, West Wales.
Haverfordwest Magistrates' Court heard that the RSPCA was called in January this year after receiving reports the female bird was living at the block of flats in Main Street.
The court heard Smith failed to ensure the golden eagle was provided with a suitable environment which was hygienic and or free from hazards.
Smith, of Brook Lane, Billesley, Birmingham, had previously pleading... read more
- 03:55 Bishop who lit up royal wedding tells Washington crowd: 'Love your...
- 03:13 Bunnings pulls out of Britain after $1bn-plus disaster
- 03:13 North Korea leaves door open for 'desperately necessary' Trump summit
- 03:07 Private meeting to go ahead in Northampton today to discuss crucial...
- 02:52 Kim Kardashian returns to blonde hair for her anniversary... as she...
- 02:52 Victoria Beckham reveals that she teaches her four children the...
- 02:52 Professor Green's ex Fae Williams passionately kisses new boyfriend...
- 02:52 Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon enjoys date night with boyfriend...
- 02:52 Aidan Turner hints Poldark will end after series four... but...
- 02:52 Love Island's Olivia Attwood twerks in TINY leopard print bikini......
- 02:52 Footballer Charlie Austin's daughter dresses as a mermaid as they...
- 02:52 Rita Ora flashes her washboard abs in fringed red co-ords as she...
- 02:46 Brazil reaches deal with hauliers to suspend fuel strike
- 02:30 Tiahleigh Palmer: foster father Rick Thorburn pleads guilty to murder
- 02:21 North Korea ready to talk 'at any time' with Donald Trump
- 02:16 Poor white schools 'destroyed' by rankings
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly
- 00:53 Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial...