Man who kept golden eagle in his squalid kitchen banned from keeping animals for 10 years
A man who kept a golden eagle in a squalid kitchen has been banned from keeping animals for 10 years.
Adam Smith, 54, had the bird of prey in the filthy, rubbish-strewn kitchen of the flat Pembroke, West Wales.
Haverfordwest Magistrates' Court heard that the RSPCA was called in January this year after receiving reports the female bird was living at the block of flats in Main Street.
The court heard Smith failed to ensure the golden eagle was provided with a suitable environment which was hygienic and or free from hazards.
Smith, of Brook Lane, Billesley, Birmingham, had previously pleading... read more
- 10:01 'Two men unconscious' in mass brawl with weapons in Cleethorpes
- 09:59 Teacher says sorry I kicked pupil up the backside - but "it worked"
- 09:59 You had one job! Comical photos from around the world capture what...
- 09:59 General Election build-up LIVE: Sunday politics updates including...
- 09:58 Chelsea to offer star man £150,000-a-week deal: He could be at...
- 09:58 Kate and Gerry McCann will do "whatever it takes for as long as it...
- 09:57 Organiser, Oracle, Elephant, Maverick, or Steady Eddie ... which...
- 09:57 Five things which newcomers to Derby just won't get at first
- 09:56 The church column with Rev David Everett
- 09:56 Super date for Jim Jones’ latest manifestation
- 09:54 Locked up in April: A look back at the criminals jailed in the city
- 09:53 Mystery of carving on wall at castle prison
- 09:50 Quad bike driven at police officer on Leeds landfill site
- 09:50 Four-year-old boy dies in serious collision in Leeds
- 09:48 One hour free parking in Oakham
- 09:47 Driver of Seat Ibiza killed in fatal early morning crash in Washington
- 09:47 Gem TV: Iranian CEO Saeed Karimian shot dead in Istanbul
- 09:46 'Tony Blair may be mistaken to say Theresa May will be next PM',...
- 09:46 National NHS pledge after deaths of two Cumbrian patients
- 09:46 Here's what Alan Hutton thinks about Aston Villa fans wearing masks...
- 09:45 Weather for Furness, Millom and the South Lakes - Sunday April 30
- 09:45 Recipe: Tortilla pizza
- 09:45 Wave of success for engineering team after awards win
- 09:45 Chelsea make offer to land Barcelona ace: Real Madrid also keen
- 09:45 Barnsley 1 - 1 Burton Albion - the verdict: the Brewers confirm...
- 09:44 Watch Madeleine McCann's parents in heartbreaking interview as they...
- 09:42 First Elizabeth Line Crossrail trains appear ahead of launch...
- 09:40 Twenty years on, Tories finally get a taste of revenge
- 09:40 Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus should start for Man City vs...
- 09:39 Grantham gamers win award for Discworld game