Man who attacked poorly pensioner fined just £35
A great grandfather has slammed the courts after a man who attacked him was fined £35.
John Hall, 73, next month, had been diagnosed with cancer on the morning of the assault in Chorley.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest news from lep.co.uk with our mobile app - download it here
His attacker, a 60-year-old man from Chorley, received the fine when he appeared before Chorley Magistrates’ Court where he pleaded guilty to the offence.
Mr Hall claimed the incident goes right back to an altercation with his attacker in a Chorley pub more than 30 years ago.
Mr Hall, of Longworth Street, Chorley,... read more
- 15:30 Brazil sees sharp rise in yellow fever cases
- 15:30 Fertility couple win landmark fatherhood ruling
- 15:30 ’Pointless’ work performance reviews driving workers to tears
- 15:30 SMALL CAP IDEAS: Four lesser-known pharma companies that could have...
- 15:30 ‘Rotherham scandal raises questions over council scrutiny’
- 15:30 Holme Valley slimmer lost 10 stones and gained a new lease of life
- 15:30 Cops warning on Notts cold callers
- 15:29 This company wants to put pussy (cats) back in the White House seat...
- 15:29 Arsenal facing lengthy Arsene Wenger ban, but does it make...
- 15:29 Former Manchester United winger Memphis Depay scores stunning goal...
- 15:29 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:28 This is what the Brexit Supreme Court decision actually means
- 15:28 Anglesey paedophile jailed again after being caught in young girl's...
- 15:28 Harborough travel firm to ‘double in size’
- 15:27 Massachusetts mattress conceals $20m in cash
- 15:27 Aston Villa: This is how soon top scorer Jonathan Kodjia could be back
- 15:27 Liam Payne narrowly avoids GUNMAN at Hollywood nightclub shooting
- 15:27 Birmingham Moseley decision throws up some difficult questions
- 15:25 Ethical hackers head to Dundee for Securi-Tay
- 15:25 Flying visit to Banbury for famous steam engine
- 15:25 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:25 Fresh Tube strikes to hit London from tomorrow
- 15:25 Man with world’s biggest penis – 19 inches – could be appearing in...
- 15:25 Chelsea eyeing Diego Lopez and Tim Krul as Asmir Begovic nears...
- 15:24 'I heard them scream that they were on fire': Flight director who...
- 15:24 Did an earthquake in Nepal knock an inch off Everest? Doubts over...
- 15:24 Driving standing up conviction for tall Newcastle man
- 15:24 Peta calls for Scotland’s last elephant to be moved to sanctuary
- 15:22 Woman beaten and robbed after dropping children off at school
- 15:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle