Man who attacked poorly pensioner fined just £35
A great grandfather has slammed the courts after a man who attacked him was fined £35.
John Hall, 73, next month, had been diagnosed with cancer on the morning of the assault in Chorley.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest news from lep.co.uk with our mobile app - download it here
His attacker, a 60-year-old man from Chorley, received the fine when he appeared before Chorley Magistrates’ Court where he pleaded guilty to the offence.
Mr Hall claimed the incident goes right back to an altercation with his attacker in a Chorley pub more than 30 years ago.
Mr Hall, of Longworth Street, Chorley,... read more
- 12:22 Northampton nursing home that did not give residents enough to eat...
- 12:21 Inspirational people from across Northamptonshire celebrated at our...
- 12:21 Couple welcome 20mph speed zone
- 12:21 Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes to be adapted for BBC One
- 12:21 Theresa May snubbed at EU dinner in Brussels
- 12:21 When is Black Friday this year? The deals and stores to look out for
- 12:20 No complaints as new owner takes over Spalding hair salon
- 12:20 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:20 Deeping St Nicholas farm is doing its bit to save these cuties
- 12:20 Union warns many Northampton schools still likely to contain asbestos
- 12:19 Viral infection versus bacterial infection - What is the difference?
- 12:17 Missing 17-year-old found ‘safe and well’
- 12:16 Actress Tracy Brabin takes Jo Cox’s Batley seat as ‘hate’...
- 12:16 Young actors win roles in Derby Theatre's Christmas show Alice In...
- 12:16 Readers outrage over uniformed veterans being 'discouraged' from...
- 12:14 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:14 Halloween 2016 is almost here - send us your Spooky Snaps
- 12:14 Roe-deer hunting on horseback with hounds booming in France
- 12:13 Latics guest columnist Adam Bogdan says determination will pay...
- 12:13 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:13 Internet romance scams: 'I realise was being groomed'
- 12:12 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:12 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:12 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:11 Gary Lineker hits back after calls for BBC to sack him from Match...
- 12:11 Steven Gerrard reveals just what it takes to be Liverpool captain
- 12:11 Man ‘discovers live maggots’ in porridge but only after he’d eaten...
- 12:11 Sustainability and transformation plans are 'least bad option' for NHS
- 12:10 Community hub plan finally making some progress after delay
- 12:10 Residents against parking proposal