Man to go on trial accused of drugging and murdering four men
An alleged serial killer will go on trial later accused of drugging and murdering four men he met on gay websites.
Stephen Port, 41, allegedly invited the men to his house in Barking, where he is said to have poisoned them with the party drug GHB.
He was initially charged with four counts of murder and four counts of administering a poison.
He was later also charged with six further counts of administering a poison, seven of rape and four sexual assaults against eight other men.
He has pleaded not guilty to all the charges, which allegedly took place between 2011 and 2015.
Detectives... read more
- 14:35 The top five web browser Christmas games
- 14:35 'Security incident' at RAF base in Suffolk
- 14:35 ‘What’s the point of staying at Arsenal?’ Mesut Ozil and Alexis...
- 14:34 Cumbria murderer 'was victim of miscarriage of justice'
- 14:34 Arsenal vs West Ham: Arsene Wenger issues Ramsey, Mustafi and...
- 14:34 RAF base on lockdown over ‘significant’ security incident
- 14:34 Manchester United sent Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford message...
- 14:33 Kettering rock pub re-opens under new management
- 14:31 Queensferry Crossing speed limit will increase from tomorrow
- 14:31 Backlash against jungle queen Toff as she rants about ‘bloody...
- 14:30 CCTV released in complex Skegness fraud case that targeted elderly
- 14:30 Parents killed in Haydock crash which injured their children named...
- 14:29 Mother drove at group of teenagers because her son was being bullied
- 14:28 How MONEY affects your happiness: Rich people are only content when...
- 14:28 Former BBC Sports Personality of the Year nominee Luke Donald...
- 14:28 Police appeal after collision between car and cyclist in Spalding
- 14:28 England can't keep arriving at a gunfight with an air rifle...
- 14:27 Gym workout plan: Do THIS type of exercise if you have been injured...
- 14:27 E-Fit image released of man wanted in connection with fake police...
- 14:26 Bassetlaw care home patient headbutted nurse
- 14:26 Chelsea expected XI: Antonio Conte to make major changes to 3-4-3...
- 14:26 Sutton grandad’s drink drive school-run
- 14:26 Mansfield man armed himself with kitchen knives to frighten ex
- 14:26 Business focus with co-founder of Happy Days Build
- 14:26 Warsop drink driver hit oncoming car
- 14:26 Mansfield man tried to get arrested to escape “attackers”
- 14:26 Harrogate Song for Christmas 2017: Moorside Junior School, Ripon
- 14:26 Kind-hearted strangers give HUGE donation to Wyatt Pitt, age nine,...
- 14:25 To Brexit or not? Where does Cumbria sit on latest EU claims?
- 14:25 Airport news: How to make sure YOUR suitcase is first at baggage claim