Man threatens to ‘suicide bomb the train’ after he fails to show ticket
A man said he wanted to ‘suicide bomb’ a train after he was told he could not board without a ticket.
Sureshkumar Thurairajah, 44, was looking to catch a train at Liverpool’s Lime Street Station when a Merseyrail worker, David Evans, asked if he had a ticket.
‘This man can’t be President’: Twitter reacts to Trump’s ‘grab women by the p***y’ comments In response, the man said: ‘I want to suicide bomb the train,’ a crown court heard.
Thurairajah was arrested at the station by British Transport Police on April 1.
Judge Anil Murray said: ‘In the present climate where bombs are used to cause... read more
- 13:10 Is this absolute sitter the worst miss EVER in world football - or...
- 13:09 Coventry City vs Oxford United: How to get to Wembley, pubs to...
- 13:09 Severn Stars 44 – 65 Wasps Netball
- 13:07 Police chiefs hoping for 'family atmosphere' at local derby
- 13:07 Boston United extends lease at York Street stadium
- 13:06 Could Jaguar Land Rover buy Vauxhall?
- 13:06 Coventry City at Wembley: song writers tip Sky Blues to win 3-1 as...
- 13:06 Westminster terror attack vigil to be held at Coventry Cathedral
- 13:06 6 Music Festival reviews: Goldfrapp/Sparks, Cate Le Bon and the...
- 13:05 £70 million Pride Park scheme that could create 3,300 jobs to be...
- 13:05 Weeping Window poppies in Derby: how city's police paid a heavy war...
- 13:05 Chinese tech giant Tencent takes 5 percent stake in Tesla
- 13:04 Stamford’s Mid-Lent Fair gets underway
- 13:04 Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight agreement is done, says...
- 13:03 Lab worker Paul saves nurse’s life at Leeds hospital
- 13:02 One week on - Birmingham will remember the Westminster attack
- 13:02 Listed: treatments the NHS wants to stop giving on prescription
- 13:02 Police issue appeal after attempted robbery at a Tamworth petrol...
- 13:02 Grantham KGGS class of ’68 to reunite in the town
- 13:02 More than 400 jobs to be created in total as part of British Steel...
- 13:01 26 fake babies created by conman in shocking £34,000 benefits scam
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...
- 12:58 Roaming wild in the radiation zone: Endangered species are THRIVING...
- 12:58 And you thought YOU were tired! Hilarious photos capture people...
- 12:58 Attacks on Nigerian students shock India
- 12:57 Is Cheryl planning on swapping music for the lucrative mummy market?