Man 'sucked on to live rail' by current in Totton
A man has described how he nearly died after his leg was "sucked" on to an electrified rail by the current.
Chris Dos Santos, 29, fell onto the rail while walking on the track at Totton after drinking with friends.
He said the 750-volt rail "sucked me in" until friends managed to pull him free while receiving electric shocks.
The Health and Safety Executive said an electric shock causes a loss of muscle control meaning the person cannot move away from the power source.
'Purple flashes' Mr Dos Santos spent three months recovering in hospital from severe burns and multiple... read more
- 18:27 Ireland votes by landslide to legalise abortion
- 18:27 Romanised causes 25-1 shock in Irish 2,000 Guineas at Curragh
- 18:25 History made as Ireland votes to legalise abortion in...
- 18:22 Liverpool News: £96m La Liga raid eyed, Fekir deal ‘likely’, Reds...
- 18:21 Why Liverpool won’t be wearing their new kit against Real Madrid in...
- 18:17 Big Bang comp challenges pupils from West Cumbrian schools
- 18:17 Cash boost and award for Whitehaven organisation
- 18:17 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 18:15 Champions League final: Liverpool fitness concern over Salah and...
- 18:15 Zero Degrees Festival in Louth will be bigger and better this year
- 18:10 Champions League final: Liverpool legend Graeme Souness SLAMS...
- 18:04 Harvey Weinstein: What next after first charges filed
- 18:02 Parents cry for joy as they find missing son after 24 years
- 18:00 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:59 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:58 NHS accolade for popular Wigan heart doctor
- 17:55 ‘Nightmare’ on Boston Road is worse than ever
- 17:53 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:52 Champions League final: Why Tottenham prove Liverpool can beat Real...
- 17:52 Schoolgirl, 13, vanished on EuroTunnel train to France ‘with...
- 17:51 Abortion referendum likely to put pressure on Northern Ireland...
- 17:52 The roadworks planned on South Yorkshire's motorways next week
- 17:51 Alastair Campbell: Labour under Corbyn 'does my head in'
- 17:47 Arsenal star Jack Wilshere wants rivals Liverpool to beat Real Madrid
- 17:46 And it all began on just £150 ... Alford egg firm becomes largest...
- 17:45 Migrant crisis: Smugglers 'shot escaping migrants' in Libya
- 17:39 The roadworks planned on South Yorkshire's motorways next week
- 17:34 Devastating moment swan tries to save friend from drowning in...
- 17:33 War museum needs you for £2,500 grant
- 17:33 And it all began on just £150 ... Alford egg firm becomes largest...