Man 'sucked on to live rail' by current in Totton

Man 'sucked on to live rail' by current in Totton

A man has described how he nearly died after his leg was "sucked" on to an electrified rail by the current.
Chris Dos Santos, 29, fell onto the rail while walking on the track at Totton after drinking with friends.
He said the 750-volt rail "sucked me in" until friends managed to pull him free while receiving electric shocks.
The Health and Safety Executive said an electric shock causes a loss of muscle control meaning the person cannot move away from the power source.
'Purple flashes' Mr Dos Santos spent three months recovering in hospital from severe burns and multiple... read more

23 November 2016 in Regional, Views: 63
Source: BBC

    News Widget for Webmasters

    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News


    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28